Running out of words?

Have you found yourself in the middle of a discussion, argumentation or declaration of speech suddenly stop because you run out of words to say? Things are going smooth but suddenly you lose track... got nervous and blackout... Are you a good speaker or you prefer writing your piece rather than talking in public? I personally, can report with confidence, but what scares me a little is the question and answer part. Not because I cannot answer the questions that they will throw to me but I am worried that I might shake and nervousness eats me... I rather write a long long paragraphs rather than talk. What about you? Are you at ease in public speaking?
Yes I really prefer writing than speaking in public. It will take a lot of guts to do that and to be at ease speaking in public. Even those who are already public speakers still experience it sometimes.It will really take a lot of courage, preparation,confidence and mastery of the field before you can become a good public speaker.
hello lovelyn, well, am not that much of a writer since i only write here at mylot.nope am a shy guy too i don't talk in public, am no charismatic guy. i don't talk that much in real life that's why i prefer to talk it here. have a great day
Same here LetranKnight25, I prefer to talk more in here . It is easier and natural, no need to please anybody at all. Expressing my thoughts and opinions comes out more naturally.
im horrible about loosing my thread of speech and not being able to pick it back up when im talking to anyone. also i get so nervous talking to people i dont know or giving a speech that i do shake and have an erratic heartbeat which actually hurts. i love writing long things here on my lot though because im not face to face so it doesnt hurt to give what i generally feel it an important opinion. maybe this is the first step of getting over my face to face speaking?
I know exactly how it feels too. Being in front of the people especially in big crowd... everybody is listening and all eyes on you... that is a real intense feeling! I can feel my hands as cold as ice and shaking a bit. Oh that is scary...
Definitely! I definitely sometimes have brain farts and lose whatever tangent I was going on at the moment. That's why some of my responses end so abruptly, is because I forgot how I was going to finish it or another point I was going to make..So I just end it. LOL. Writing has always come much easier for me than words - ESPECIALLY in public speaking scenarios. Then again, I seem to do fine at things like job interviews and in social situations, but any school presentation has always been a big.. fright for me! I don't know why. . It must be something about getting graded on how you publicly speak that freaks me out..Or something! LOL.