How do you deal with stressful people?

Really, plastic people can really be stressful. Will say the nicest thing and give you the warmest smile when in front of you, but the moment you turn your back to them---boom, they hit on you at once. I know I just have to ignore them, and ignoring them seems to be a good idea instead of confronting these people. But sometimes when your day has not been turning out the way you want them,these people can really get into my nerves. I want to confront and ask them what their problems are but I know they are just going the play sweet with me and say none. Have any of you regularly encounter these kind of people? If so how do you react to their attitude? Do you ignore them or get angry and confront them?
@free_man (7335)
I confront them and then tell them I won't put up with the b.s. and after I have given them a good tongue lashing I tell them if they want to take it further let me know. Then that is the last time I let them come to my home and I never go back to their home. If I meet them on the roads I am polite but straight forward and tell them why we don't come around any more. Don't take anything tell them straight forward you don't like it and won't take it.
That is very brave of you. Thank you for your advice, I appreciate is very much.
@free_man (7335)
Don't ever take anything from anyone. God created all of us the same we are all as good as the next. I thank God for the mean mother I had. She taught us at a very young age that if we start taking the bull from people we will always take bull from people. My mother was a short woman but she packed a real mean punch.
@cher913 (25865)
i work with stressful people and my attitude has to be 'whatever' when i am working with them. i try not to let them get under my skin. this seems to work pretty well (for me anyways.)
Good for you. I like your attitude. ;-)
@besthope44 (12141)
Well i do..my partner is more stressed at work and so most times i accept and never argue, as am concerned about his health..so health is more important than to win any argument!