Overland routes

@maximax8 (30060)
United Kingdom
Would you like to do an overland route instead of fly. You would see lots of scenery and you could travel by train or bus. Which of these overland trips would you like to do and why? Delhi, India to Kathmandu, Nepal Cape Town, South Africa to Nairobi, Kenya Perth to Sydney, Australia Moscow, Russia to Beijing, China Do you have a different idea of an overland route?
@aseretdd (13736)
I was thinking of taking an overland route from Kuala Lumpur Malaysia to Singapore... some of my friends already did that... and they said that is was very nice because of the sights they saw... next year... i will be going to Kota Kinabalu... and was thinking of going to Brunei from there... i hope that will be possible...
@maximax8 (30060)
Hi there Aseretdd. I have taken a train from Butterworth to Kuala Lumpur and on to Singapore. The sleeping berths are lovely and are of very good value. I hope that you will be able to visit Kota Kinabalu and then pop over to Brunei.
@kykidd (6818)
Perth to Sydney sounds extremely interesting. I have never been to Australia. I bet the scenery would be just remarkable! That part of the world even has a different climate than us here in the States. So, I could go there when it is winter here and it would be warm there. That would make the trip about 100 percent better. As far as here in the United States, there is a Colorado train tour that I would like to take. It not only goes through the Rocky Mountains of Colorado but it also goes to Salt Lake City in Utah. I haven't heard about it in a while, but I remember the route just sounded beautiful. I have never traveled by train. I have only taken trains in big cities like the subway in New York City and the train in Boston (I can't remember what they called that one, maybe the T?). However, it always seemed very exciting to me!
@maximax8 (30060)
Hi there Kykidd. I know that the train journey from Perth to Sydney would be excellent. Yes, the climate is different there. I went to Western Australia in winter during my summer holiday. I am sure that the Rocky Mountains are really beautiful. The trains you have been on might be like metro trains. Thanks for your excellent response.
@bhanusb (5709)
I prefer overland route instead of fly. I like very much to travel by train rather than by bus. Travel by train is amazing. Towns,villages ,country side, small rivers passes away like film reel. I really feel thrill when I travel by train. To fly is bore some to me. I feel I'm traveling in a cage. Only Moscow(Russia) to Beijing we can directly travel by train. In other routes we have to experience break journey. However train journey is the best.
@maximax8 (30060)
Hello there Bhanusb. I know that if a person had lots of time he or she could travel from Moscow to Beijing and then go all the way down to Singapore via Vietnam, Cambodia, Thailand and Malaysia. Alternatively he or she could travel from Moscow to Beijing by train return. It would be possible to go by train via Almaty.
@Iriene88 (5346)
Dear Maximax8, Wow, those wonderful places you mentioned are really worth traveling! Have not been to Delhi, India to Kathmandu, Nepal Cape Town, South Africa to Nairobi, Kenya Perth to Sydney, Moscow to Beijing...Excellent destinations! I think Central Europe is a great place to do 'Overland Routes'. I followed tour during my honeymoon, we traveled 11 Central Europe countries via tourist coach. Rome, Italy ...Belgium, Germany, Linstentein, Switzerland, Holland, Paris and Austria. The scenery of the Black Forest is awesome! The alps of Switzerland is fascinating. Recently we take the interstate coach/bus from Malaga to Granada in Spain. The beautiful landscape, houses, farms are so captivating as my son and I look out the window. We travel by tourist shuttle from Egypt to Israel to Jordan. A different views change from country to country, just like watching the screens changes on our PC. Happy Traveling and Happy myLotting too
@maximax8 (30060)
Dear Iriene. I really enjoyed reading your journey through Central Europe for your honeymoon. Seeing 11 different countries on a trip can be really worthwhile. I think Switzerland and Austria have some beautiful mountainous scenery. So you traveled on a shuttle from Egypt to Israel so that must have been exciting. I did some independent traveling in those countries. I had to get a pricey taxi from the border to Aqaba. Happy traveling my friend.
@KrauseHome (36752)
Well, driving on and overland route you can definately see a lot more than flying. It usually is a lot cheaper (unless going long distances) than flying is for sure. And when you are in control of when you want to stop and eat, how fast you go, when you leave, etc. there is definate advantages for sure. Since I live in the US, it is hard to compare these other ones you listed here, but maybe from where I live now (Seattle, WA area) to LA (Los Angeles, CA) sounds like a Fun road trip for sure.
@maximax8 (30060)
Hello there Krase Home. I have traveled by train in lovely California. I have been from Los Angeles to San Diego then up to Santa Barbara and then on to some places just south of San Francisco. Thanks for your wonderful response.