Have You Ever Discovered A Yummy Dish While Attempting To Cook Another?

My husband was attempting to make German potato salad from a recipe that he found on line, since he was unable to find his original recipe. We were making it for a German friend of ours. However, the recipe did not turn out as we thought it would, but not to worry. The resulting potato dish was absolutely delicious!!! It wasn't German potato salad, and it was a total accident, but it was worthit. :) Has anyone else ever accidentally stumbled upon something yummy, while trying to make something else?
@jerimiyah (232)
yes, i did. when i was hungry one night a decide to go downstairs and find something to eat. It then dawn upon me because i got so hungry. I created my ultimate snack and now i have my very own recipe after that and started creating another.
@Iriene88 (5346)
Dear DanishCanadian, Yes, it happens to me once. I want to make scramble cheese egg. I am slow to add the cheese in and the egg cooked quite fast. In a hurry I just put the cheese and wrapped it with the thin layer of egg while in the wok into an envelope shape. Turn out very tasty and melt in the mouth. Hahaha