What are they trying to say??

@Wizzywig (7858)
I heard the letterbox go &, lying on the doormat was a charity collection bag asking me for my clothes. That's ok... I'm happy to pass on things I no longer need to a good cause. However, this is the 5th bag we've had in 3 days. Do you think I should take it as a criticism of my dress sense and they're telling me I should get rid of ALL my clothes... or are we just going through the natural cycle of fashion its the turn of my clothing to be this year's "must haves"
@James72 (26829)
You've just managed to uncover an evil plot that they've kept secret for decades Wizzy, so I'd up the ante on your home security if I were you! The "powers that be" are trying to remove us from materialistic dependencies such as clothing, so we may return to a caveman-like lifestyle and become more controllable. The second a bag turns up that's big enough to hold your furniture, I suggest you find an isolated island somewhere and flee to it. As for what they DO with all the collected clothing; it's recycled into the very bags they leave at your door. The plot thickens!
@Wizzywig (7858)
Lucky I have the approved locking system, an alarm and a barking dog then! Though they are quite specific that its clothing they want... and bedding. Just so long as those "powers that be" you mention aren't Gordon Brown and his mates hankering after wearing my discarded clothing... I thought they were supposed to be in the cabinet not the closet??
@James72 (26829)
Thank you for the BR Wizzy! (See, I managed to show gratitude even though you brought Gordon Brown into the conversation!)
@thea09 (18316)
• Greece
Or there's the possibility that someone just fancies the contents of your wardrobe as they are amazed by your wonderful style, and are saving up their own charity bags waiting for your clear out.
@Wizzywig (7858)
Oh yeah, that'll be me... the style guru - in some far flung dimension