Planning a trip to Phoenix. Any ideas?

DH and I are planning a trip to Phoenix in mid January. We'll be staying in mid town and don't plan on renting a car. What are the must sees in Phoenix and can we get by without a car? We'll be visiting for a week. Any suggestions are appreciated.
@bunnybon7 (43283)
• Holiday, Florida
We live in phoenix area, tolleson to be exact. my son that knows it pretty well says you wont get to site see a lot without a car. there are buses, but i've noticed they are few and far between. not like in columbus , ohio where i came from. yes the Heard museam is quite good and their are also many antique shops in that area that i love to look through myself. but havent been over there in like forever, years. there was for years and may still be a small quant little resturant there called bitsy mamas that we used to always make sure to visit. they have such wonderful mexican food to die for. and i dont like hot, so i always explained i wanted to eat something mild.
Thank you so much. We're leaving on Monday and I think that we will rent a car. I'm from Ohio as well. Cleveland to be exact. I moved to L.A. about 30 years ago and I completely understand what you mean. Public transportation is very poor here as well. The only way to get around here is by car. The buses ran so frequently in Cleveland that it was quite easy to get anywhere you wanted to go.
@ersmommy1 (12596)
Depending on your actual location you might like the Heard museum. It has 10 exhibit galleries and outdoor courtyards feature traditional and contemporary Native American art. To plot out you can visit this site www.heard.org
Thanks. I'll check it out. We're going to be staying in midtown off of Osborne.