I CAN believe its not butter.

@olisaur (1931)
Do you like to use butter or margarine on you food/in your cooking? Can you tell the difference between brands? I sure can. I can mostly tase differences between brands of margerine, not so much butter; probably because there's so much artificial stuff in margerine. The worst margerine, I think, is Blue Bonnet, it just tastes really chalky and weird. I can't believe its not butter is ok for spreading on bread or something, but in my experience, not for cooking. The other day my sister was making cookies from one of those Betty Croker mixes. The recipe called for a stick of butter, but we were all out of stick butter, so she used I can't believe its not butter out of the tub. The cookies came out horrible! They had such a artificial-buttery aftertase.
@suspenseful (40314)
I can tell the difference. Butter gives a taste that margarine cannot impart and it also makes the texture of cookies softer. And with margarine out of a tub, it contains more water so that the cookie or cake will not turn out. Margarine can be used as a substitute for oil in frying but one needs specific recipes designed for tub margarine. And with regular recipes, the hard margarine makes it harder and not as good and the taste is not natural. So butter is better.
@olisaur (1931)
Yeah, I suppose butter is always better. w
@suspenseful (40314)
It does not taste that good on pancakes, but I sure wish butter could stay out of the fridge for a little while. I can only take out a little bit. i use the unsalted kind. But it costs a bit more and the tub margarine is cheaper. I use the olive oil kind. But it is not good for recipes.
@lilybug (21145)
Most cookie recipes will tell you not to use tub margarine because of the high oil content. I love real butter. The only thing I don't like about real butter is that you can't spread it straight out of the fridge.