To all other countries....

@arvintot (401)
To all other countries... My name is Arvin from the Philippines... I just want to know what is the first thing that you will think of when you heard the word Philippines or our country The Philippines?
@nemrac12 (388)
hi arvin... im also a Filipino... the first thing comes to my mind when i heard Philippines?? Oh thats my native land!!!!
I see that you are really proud to be a Filipino! By the way, me too I love my native land and when i hear the letters of our country. It also come to my mind and heart that this is where I born. The country that builds me with good words and strong brave feeling.
@mac_0217 (74)
Hi Arvin, I am also a Filipino. This is a very interesting question. I've roamed probably half of our beautiful archipelago and I've had the chance to meet lots of foreign people and this is also one of the usual questions that I ask them. We hope tourists do come and visit our country and see the beauty of our nation.
@agv0419 (3027)
Hi Kababayan, I think the foreigners love to visit our country because of the beautiful places that we have. Honestly If I only have money to travel I want to roam every corner of the Philippines.
Hello agv0419... Well, if I do have money I will go with you and view the beautiful country of our native land. I think after that tour around the Philippines we will love more our own land.
That's a curious question, Arvin. Since I'm Filipino too, I'm looking forward to what other people say about the country. Both the good stuff and the bad stuff.
Hello aphroditelily why don't you share your thoughts and reaction when you hear that word?
@zandi458 (27948)
Hi arvintot, we are neighbors. Unfortunately during the political crisis in your country many of your countrymen especially those from the islands fled to our country as political refugees. They have brought along with them barbarism and hooliganism to our otherwise peaceful country. Their presence in our midst has rocked the peace of our country and has painted a bad picture about your country on the whole with the local people. Mention of philippino woman/girls it will send waves of fear on all married women here. I guess you can understand what I mean. Because of a few bad hats your country has been painted in black by many here. I have been on vacations in your country and am quite impressed by the modernity and friendly people that I meet. A far cry from what we experience in my country.
I'm really sorry to hear that, zandi. I hope your experience in the Philippines has been good enough to mitigate some of the bad impressions made by a few Filipinos.
@online_jon (1478)
Hello arvintot? The first thing that comes in my mind when we talk about the country is the good character of Filipino which is very kind, caring, industrious, brave, trusted and etc. Well, I think this is the best character of our citizen that's why many tourist love to visit our place. Then the next that comes in my mind when I heard the word Philippines is the good views and places here in our country like the ''under ground river in palawan''. Philippines was really good.
Philippines the name seems so big. so long but the country is so small and beautiful. want to see philippines. and roming place where a turist can and wants to visit