Do you get affected to the mood swing of your colleague?

It is very difficult to dealt with people with mood swing. Especially to those people that you dont know why they are angry or mad. Sometimes, no matter how you try to have a nice day when that person or colleague infront of you is on the bad mood, you sometimes feel bad too. That if you greet her a "good morning", she will greet you back "what's good in the morning"? Thus, how you deal with this type of person? How do you handle if this person is your colleague? Is there any good advise?
Hi Airasheila, We actually have one co-worker who is like that. Everyone knows about this and seems everyone dislikes her for that. She is very difficult to deal with because you don't know when she snaps at you. Some co-workers are patient with her and some are not. I have learned to deal with her. I ignore her every day and by the time she talks to me, I talk to her because by then, that is the time for fair weather for her. There were times in the past when I greeted her and she was in this bad mood. She snapped at me and I really felt bad ... although I didn't let it pass without saying something to her.
Hi, What you have said is very true. It will really feel you bad due to not so good attitude of the others.
@Fireheart (683)
well, i had this sort of situation with my friend at times,as you would have heard you can twist anyones mood as you wish when or if your are in a good mood,by asking the opposite, as i have felt i always had a good mood than bad ones and none can do change my good moods,i change theirs, people with bad mood or attitude must receive less attention at times than greetings.
Hello airasheila! It is difficult to deal with these kind of people. I do have some co-workers who have this kind of problem. It's not easy dealing with people with weird mood swings. Sometimes I just don't mind them. I don't want them to ruin my day.
airashelia hi yes we worked with a head librarian who was bi polar and one day she loved us all we could do no wrong.the next day she was like a bear with a splinter in its hiney, she growled at us and accused everyone of being lazy and rude, so we just all stayed out of her way. she refused to take her medications so she just swung back and forth between goody two shoes and a monster. I do not have any really good advice except stir clear of the bad mood days, do not do anything to rile this bi polar individual.
If it is a stranger or a colleague I can just ignore them and walk away. If it's my husband, then we need to stop and talk about what is going on. We were just talking about this a minute ago. He used to take things out on me when there was a problem, until I explained to him that that only made the problem worse, and that is why I never did that to him. I get angry and frustrated too, but I know how to control it before it controls me. He's gotten a lot better at not taking things out on other people over the years, and things are great now.