What time is the street busiest in your places? Is their traffic in your areas?

busiest streets - busy streets have lot of traffic congestion and very crowded.
In my place, the commonly scenario the street are busy starting from 7:00 to 8:00 in the morning depending on the distance of the proximity of one scheduled work, school time during office lunch break and in the late afternoon down to early evening from 4:00 to 6:00 where most of the people return to their homes. Most of the people who live in the city wake up earlier to avoid traffic in their areas as oppose to the rural/country areas where their is a slow pace of traffic. The government in my places concern have view this problem for a long time and impose new alternative routes, wider roads and yet the problem in terms of traffic exist. Their is a wide plan to encourage the people to minimize the use of their public vehicles and resort in using public transportation, as fares is much lower than the price of the fuel in case you do not use your own car during travel. How about in your place, do you resort in using public transportation for the purpose of reducing traffic congestion? How about in your place, what time is the street most busiest?
@underdogy (700)
• Thailand
The times the street where i live is at it's busiest is the same time as yours. A rush hour for people going to work and back. I was into public transportation myself during my first few months at work, but because i cannot guarantee the timetable set by the people here, i ended up being late most of the time. Public transportation need to be filled up by passengers before heading to their destination. There was also a time where i waited like forever but no bus showed up, thus i ended up calling in sick. Whew liar!! LOL..Taking public transportation has taken its toll on me so i bought a motorbike. I was never late upon having one, and the fact that i can just cut into cars and other massive trucks and buses, made me happy too. Yeah it's scary..but you wouldn't want to be scolded by your boss for being always late, would you? Worst is if you ended up losing your job because of that..ouch!!
@ShepherdSpy (8561)
• Omagh, Northern Ireland
Rush hour times usually fit with business hours,so you'd have peaks around the hours of 9am and 5pm..though You have to ask yourself,why do they call these times of day "Rush Hour" when the traffic can sometimes be at a standstill?! Unfortunately,though I'd like to use Public transport,we only have buses in the area where I live,and as I live in a small village about 10 miles from the nearest regional town,and 3 to 4 Miles from the nearest small town and work respectively,I'll use my bike in good conditions,and take my car when it's not..the local bus schedule has,I think,2 buses out of here in the day..one at 8am,and one back around 4:30..My sister lives about 30 minutes away from me by car..to make the trip to visit her in a day by bus,I'd be geting that 8am bus to town,getting a second bus to another town and then a third to where she lives.that bus gets there around 2pm,and the next bus out to make my return would be at 2:30! so,no,public transport isn't the most convenient means of getting around here..
@zed_k4 (17624)
Definitely in the morning. That's when the busy time sets sail and everything is a blurry. But the road going home is slightly more better than the going towards say town area or something..
yeah, most of the places set morning as the rush hours and when different people flocks to their places of appointments. Then, during the afternoon session people usually flock either to go home or done their late evening shopping and so on..
@zed_k4 (17624)
That's right..the process is the same everyday. Vehicles coming in, coming out..lol..
yup...pretty normal scenario as usual
@kun2349 (23464)
Most of the time, peak hour on the road, tend to be around 8-9 in the morning, as well as 6-730 in the evening.. Both periods are pre work and after work hours, thus the human and traffic congestion everywhere.. haha =D Even for public transport, things will also end up being the same, because frequency of buses does not come fast enough to pick up all the passenagers, and as such, it's often packed!! haha =D
well they are bit delay in my place the earlier the better one wake up in order not to get caught in traffic, anyway, i thought your traffic rerouting is well discipline in your places it would not be a problem getting around the city... So to avoid being victims of delay one must left his home at more advance time...
@jezzmay (1845)
The traffic on our street is busy between 6 a.m. to 8 a.m. and in the evening it is between 4 p.m. to 6 p.m. Their is really not a lot of traffic, we are a small street. Our city is small too. As I wright this their was a oil truck delivering oil next door. Have a great day.
hi jezzmay, It is good to know your home city is not suffering from traffic and their is a good law governing in your areas in terms of road and driving rules that is why their is discipline among commuters and drivers alike. have a nice day too!
@ANTIQUELADY (36468)
Good morning, i live in a samall town so traffic is never too bad. We don't have any kind of public transportation.
hi antiquelady, Good morning too! Yeah, that is fine for a small city as expected their is an absence of traffic and life could goes on smoothly as you like. thanks.
It seems we are one hour behind schedule here at our place than you at your place. In our place streets are busiest from 0800h to 0900h in the morning and from 1700h to 1900h in the evening for almost the same reasons cited by you. People who can afford avoiding these timings do not generally come out on road. Very few has the mentality to resort to using public transportation for the purpose of reducing traffic congestion. Rather, they do so to save their time and money during such congestion period. Their personal comfort and expenditure get priority to public comfort and discipline.
hi monojhole, Yeah, the time which I specify could still be earlier depending on the time put by their people on their alarm clock as they may even leave their home in advance as of the peak hours schedules as they are being so punctual they would not like their boss to get mad at them for being late. As you state by you using public transportation comes out with lot of hassles on the part of the riding person if he is in a hurry she should opt rather to have his own vehicles for fast travels which I agree too and also depending on the purposes if he is in a hurry. While it would not hurt if the people also try to use public transportation in the time the street is not busy if one is not in a hurry. thanks.
@MsTickle (25051)
I live in a small village in the country. Even in the bigger towns traffic is not a problem. We get a lot of semi trailers, road trains, cattle trucks and B Doubles going through town and also huge farm equipment like headers and cotton picking tractors. We are a farming community mainly. We get a few tourists through too. I live on the main road and I've been up since 6am and it's nearly 10am now and there has been nothing on the road. That's normal for early Saturday though. There will be a few cars around soon.
@gr8life (6252)
Hello neelianoscet, I live and work at the center of the city here. Traffic jam is nothing new to me. The roads are congested from 8-9 in the morning, during lunch break which is normally at around 12 noon to 2 pm and after 5pm. I hate driving but I have no choice as the public transports here are a bit unreliable sometimes...
@Lakota12 (42681)
all the time except early early Sunday mornings as we have people working all hours the streets stay busy.
@pengbubu (1015)
I am living in a residential area. It's far away from the street. I have to work from 8 am to 6 pm, so I don't know when it's the busiest time im my area.
@flower21 (766)
usually between 6:30 to 8:30 at this is the time where many students go to school and also many employees. i don;t have car so i wake up earlier at around 5 in the morning eat my meal take my bath and so on. I reach my work at around 6:45 just in time for the flag ceremony and still gives me enough time to fix my things in my locker. then, every afternoon rush hours is every 5 to 6 in the afternoon where everyone is rushing to go home and so far i do not mix with the crowds then go to drive in the shorter routes avoiding traffic as much as possible.
@sathya264 (174)
yes in my area there is one place that is a bridze accross a road it is always busy because it is the main center to go to the town
@Sreekala (32783)
Hi neelia, Here the roads are always busy dear. The reason is everybody is using their own vehicle. To avoid the rush in the road government constructed so many fly-over, under-paths etc but I don’t think there is any progress and day by day the number of vehicles is increasing and rush too. Now construction of metro is going on in a rapid way and the aim of focusing on metro is to encourage people to use public transport and avoid private vehicles as possible. Metro train started their service in many places and construction of more rails is going on. Let us wait and see how it will be effective for the public.
@amyson (3509)
I wake up earlier between 4:30 to 5:30 in the morning cook my meal then go to bath at around 6:00 am the I pack to drive to my work at exactly reach by 6 or 7 depending on the traffic. So i alloted more than 30 minutes earlier during rush hours so i could not be caught between rushing commuters and other disturbances. during noon their is also rush hours after the work and school classes is over then their is traffic again.
@nemrac12 (388)
all the time our place is busy because a lot of traffics. my place is near to a processing zone area where hundreds of factories are there, so it means a lot of workers and vehicles are coming in and out almost everytime. aside from that there is a newly build shopping center near that processing zone area, the more it created traffic. there is time that there's no traffic and the roads are not busy . and thats during midnight.
Usually during peak hours starting from 6 to 8 in the morning especially during weekdays the traffic is massive as lots of students and workers are rushing not to get late to their appointment. the same thing during the afternoon from 1 to 5 pm where everyone is either rushing to go to their offices and schools then at 5pm busy going to the malls for night shopping then go home.
@sid556 (30989)
Hi Neelianoscet, The traffic where I live is horrendous almost any given time of day! I would have to say that the very worst hours would between 7 & 8 am and then again around 5pm to about 6pm. At those times it can sometimes be quicker to walk to where you need to be rather than try to drive. In between those times the traffic is still often very heavy. I work 2nd shift and sometimes I'll run out at 10am and get all caught up in traffic and it makes me wonder if there aren't either a lot of people out of work or if they are all working 2nd and 3rd shifts.
@bellis716 (4804)
The worst traffic occurs when a ball game is over and people start for home.
@shellback (865)
Hi neeliasocet, well there's no busy street here actually because i live in rural area, but there's a time that traffic sometimes comes in national high way, where the kids from school took in, I think its about 7:00 and 11:00 in the morning and 5:00 in the afternoon, there's no rush hour here, lol, you know the life in the province isn't it.