The Hero is back!

@Loverbear (4928)
I wrote a couple of days ago about Khuay being such a chicken when I brought a helium balloon home, how he hid under the bed...well today the hero reemerged! I was sitting at the sewing machine, fixing a pair of pants that had a seam let go when I heard a growl and I turned my head to see Khuay, poised for attack, growling his brains out. Suddenly he sprang across the room, all hair standing on end, his claws unsheathed. He had the look of a panther leaping on a gazelle in the wild. His steel blue eyes were flashing with fury, his prey was there ignorant of the impending doom. Khuay, with the beauty and grace of a ballet dancer crossed with that panther, landed on his prey...a blue balloon on the floor. That same balloon that sacred the daylights out of him only days before! He chased the prey across the workroom floor, batting at its tail with unsheathed claws. Finally, growling the growl of the victorious, he grabbed his prey and drug it off to the peace of a box where he "finished" his quarry with one swift swat of his paw. He soon emerged from the box dragging the dead limp balloon out of the box by the imaginary head. Khuay then proudly presented the prey at my feet and marched away proud in his victory over something that had taken his courage from him only days before. The hero is back!
@kaylachan (4775)
Sometimes it takes a while for animals to get used to things. I remember when we moved downstairs and had a back door, and the cats were afraid of it and the noise it made. But after about a week, they adjusted to it and are no longer afraid of it, unless its going to slam in their faces.
@Orea15 (281)
I'm so proud of him! True courage is facing your fears and defeating him. What a victory for him! I'm applauding here.
@ElicBxn (61056)
YEAH Khuay! was the balloon no longer floating? maybe it was the defying gravity that bothered his senses...
@minx267 (15252)
• Hartford, Connecticut
LMAO! I love the way you tell the story! I can imagine that is just what was going through his head too! Take that you Balloon thingy!