Virginity For Auction - Common?

@thuhuong (828)
There was a newscast about a teenager who auctioned her virginity to pay for college in New Zealand. Perhaps young ladies are beginning to come forward and see their body as a tool of which can get them out of poverty especially into education. This is in relationship to a world where their role has no rights but to only start a family. I can also remember seeing the movie 'Taken' with Liam Neeson where his daughter is vacationing overseas and is kidnapped into trafficking for high bidding men. I have a hunch that this isn't uncommon as we're beginning to hear more of it now. Is this situation common in your area?
@wizteen (504)
No that is not common around where i live. and thank god that isnt. using the body as a tool for income is not a great thing according to me. and auctioning just makes it worse. what status will she be left with after that? but as you said about that movie, it cant be helped if it is being done forcefully, only law can help the victim. but the girl you mentioned here seemed to be doing it on her will and thats just not right.
@thuhuong (828)
I agree, morally, it is degrading but for your advantage it's kind of a double-edge sword. These days, things don't really come as a surprise for there are worse things like hunger and war that also needs tending to. Your own personal preference in that stance, can lead you to ridicule.