MY lot or my LOT?

@Canellita (12052)
So from time to time I think about the Lot in myLot and what it refers to. Someone posted a discussion about the spelling recently and when I responded to a comment on my initial repsonse just now I thought about it again. There are a number possiblities but I have arrived at the conclusion that it can't be lot as in a physical piece of land but a standing such as a person's lot in life. It's just a thought, but it seems to make the most sense. Sorry for the Caps but I couldn't use italics in the subject line.
@GoAskAlice (4645)
The answer can be found at #5 here: http://www.mylot.com/w/discussions/2247372.aspx
@Canellita (12052)
Thanks Alice! Glad to know you're still around to help with these things!
@AnythngArt (3304)
Here's from the earlier discussion that was pointed out: [i]"myLot is actually not an abbreviation for anything longer. A common definition of the noun "lot" is -- "a piece of land forming a part of a district, city, or other community." So the piece of land is our website, and the community is you guys, so... myLot= your community!"[/i] I never really thought about the name before. Isn't that strange? However, I have learned something tonight. Thanks, Canellita!
@Canellita (12052)
Anytime Anything, lol! I posted more book comments; did you see?
Hi C. I saw the emails in my box, but I am very behind on everything computer-related and can't be online much this week. I will try and go over there and have a look. I do appreciate it. You must be partying like crazy after that Superbowl win!
@Canellita (12052)
Nah, I stayed home and watched the game alone in peace and quiet. Didn't want anyone talking to me during, lol. I did watch the mayhem on tv though. Today was the big parade but I don't like crowds and it was just a little too cold.
@terri0824 (4991)
Never really thought about it before. But I guess since My Space had already been taken, then they used a similar word to it. Hey I don't know just grasping at straws here.
Hi terri0824! No need to grasp at straws. The official answer is at #5 above you. :)
@Canellita (12052)
Hey Terri! Nice to have you back!
• Boston, Massachusetts
Hi Canellita, I agree with you friend. it's the status that you built here and continuously enhancing it and making the most improvements. i know, i too was able to build my own lot here and with the help of my mylot friends---that lot is getting bigger and better.
@Canellita (12052)
See #5 above :-)
• Boston, Massachusetts
it was a lot of links and responses but i enjoyed reading the responses and why MYLOT IS CALLED MYLOT! thanks C!
@ElicBxn (61135)
hummm I think it might not be either actually. not only is there a "lot" like a piece of land, and a "lot" like person's place in life, but there is a "lot" as in "turf" in a "gan'sta" sort of speak... so, this is "my turf" where I chose to hang out and be wif' my budz - or some sortta gan'sta talk like that What do I know, I'm a 56 yr old white woman!
@Canellita (12052)
You are hilarious!
@sukumar794 (5047)
• Thiruvananthapuram, India
I am of the conviction that the LOT in myLot is a reference to my lot = of the same liking.Perhaps people of the same lot flocking together in one forum. In short a meeting place of like-minded lot.
@Canellita (12052)
If you scroll up, Goaskalice has cleared up the mystery.
@jithinpg (87)
Actually when we here the term myLot, first thing coming to mind will be the physical Lot as you said in above post. :) Yes, for me too it felt like that when i heard this name for the first time. But actually the name of this site seems not refering to a physical lot. Here there are soo many members and this is a social networking site. You can add friends, discuss in forums, do tasks, and earn money for all your activity. So, it is not wrong to consider this as a virtual lot. :)
@Canellita (12052)
So do you see it as a virtual space representing a lot or is it one's station in life?
@mommaj (22872)
I definitely think it is more along the lines of the lot in a "person's lot in life". I have came to that conclusion because mylot reflects all of our lots in life and almost everyone's story is on here.
@Canellita (12052)
That is where I stand, particularly with my lot being my two cents.
@SomeCowgirl (32255)
I was thinking that maybe the title of the site is more personal to the site owner's itself. Maybe they're saying My lot of people... My lot of accomplishment, My lot of money even, who knows? Or maybe it's supposed to be personal to the members of mylot as in my lot of friends, my lot of discussions my lot of hard work my lot of earnings...
@Canellita (12052)
Hmmmm, very interesting. Thanks for sharing your thoughts.
@phoenix8606 (4977)
hi! According to me MYlot looks better and attracts me more than the myLOT. And what lot is there actually on mylot, because I haven't heard about such a thing? :)
@Canellita (12052)
When people generally speak of a lot they usually refer to a piece of land or a quantity of merchandise or social standing. The question posed by this discussion is what does the Lot in myLot mean to you.