You are what you think?

Do you believe the saying that "you are what you think," as Buddha said "what we think,we become." Do you talk to your self and change your negative thoughts about yourself or the situations?
@1hopefulman (44861)
I guess, we are motivated by what we think about. I know that at one time when negative thoughts got the better of me I wanted to act on the negative thoughts. And i had a real struggle on my hands. But now I can fight negative thoughts much easier. I don't let them dominate my life. And yes, I do at times say to myself "stop it!" Meaning, stop thinking that way.
Oh, that's a good start, what matter is you tried your best to control your negative thoughts, me either sometimes struggle to fight those negativity that always haunts me each day. I found the best antidote and that's prayer. Through prayer God gives me courage and strength to be believe on myself. Anyway thank you for sharing with us and enjoy your day!
@1hopefulman (44861)
Prayer is good!
@Opal26 (17689)
Hey careguarden! I wish I could say that I do, but, sadly I have difficulty talking myself into being positive! I do try, but don't always suceed! I have gotten better than I used to be! I have learned to believe that it is truly possible to talk yourself into "bad karma"! So, as I get older I am really trying to change my ways of thinking! I sure hope that it works!
Well it's not really easy to have a positive mind, as there are those times where it seems hopeless and hard to see the good things of the unfortunate situations we experienced. It takes supernatural belief, as for me, I pray to God to give me courage to believe on myself as I believe on Him. And for it works all the time. Well I hope you won't give up on keeping the positive thoughts. Anyway thank you for sharing with us and enjoy your day!
i think its true to a great extent. if you think you cannot do it, its quite sure you cannot do it. this is because you have condition your mind that you cannot achieve it and therfore you are out of the race.you feel you are not good enough for the job etc. if you think you can, then you can. though you may not be able to achieve it at one go, slowly but surely you will inch your way and be able to achieve what you have set your mind on. the man who wins the race is the man who is persistence and who never quit or give up.he is determined to move forward and move up. i am very grateful when my family and friends point out my weak areas to be strengthened. this gives me an opportunity to improve, increase, enlarge, enrich and empower my self worth and thus build up my self confidence and self esteem. thus 'what we think, we become' in the long run as there are gestation period of develoing and nurturing that character or that person you want to become. in other words, we better start thinking of the positive character and sucessful figures or personalities that will help us mould ourselves to be successful,prosperous wealthy yet, gracious and humble. we thus have to focus, get connected and activated ourselves to that area of work or success we want to be. wishful thinking and rocking ourself in the armchair will not succeed. get up, do and act on it. good luck.
Very well said gracefuldove, we need to do something and we need to always have a positive mind in everything that we do in order to succeed. As they said success need to be born in our mind and it will come true. As what often told by the coaches to their players, never play when you think you will lose the game, because even when the game has not yet start you already lose. Winning and victory should always comes first in our mind and it will happens. Those people who are famous and successful never listen to others, even if they're called foolish or stupid for their endeavors, they never give up because their mind told them that they will succeed. And yeah,they become what they think they are. Anyway thank you for sharing with us and enjoy your day!
@Genericbe (1378)
Yes, it is true for me that "you are what you think". The best gift god has given to any human is the power of mind. Whatever you wanted for yourself can be done for real if you think and work for it well. A person knows himself more than anybody does. He knows what he can do and cannot, his wants and limits. I do talk to myself and when I pray, I relate to God what my thoughts are. I have meditation for myself to know if am fulfilled for myself. My plans in life and what will I wanted to be in the future. These are standards that any person can have. It only depends on how he will tackle things in his life. I do not entertain negative thoughts for I know this will never make and improve me as a better person at all.
Well that's good for you, it's nice to know that you always take time to pray and meditate and ask God's guidance. Yeah, God want's us to be happy, He want's us to succeed and to always think positively because He doesn't want us to get worried and afraid in whatever decision we make in our life. It's all depends on us, have the choice and the power to choose, so we become what we think we are. Anyway thank you for sharing with us and enjoy your day!
@happy2512 (1266)
Yes I agree with you. I have experienced that before while I was in college in my law subject although it is very difficult but my mind setting its easy then I am the top of the class. Its more just of a mind setting not to think negative in whatever we do surely it will happen to us.
Yeah,same with me, way back then when I'm still studying whenever I feel like I can't when it's absolutely easy, I end up with failing grades, but when I tried to think that I can make it, I did get with high grades. So our mind has a power to change who are and who we want to be. As they said we have all the same IQ level but we differs on what we think about our self and our confidence. Anyway thank you for sharing with us and enjoy your day!
@advokatku (4036)
yes, I believe the sentence 'you are what you think' .... This is an implementation of the suggestion. As we all know, suggestion is the power of that the mind can change anything, not only change ourselves, but also able to change our mindset to something
Yeah, we are responsible of the outcome of our actions as it's primarily based on our thinking. Our mind has the power and can make the impossible possible. Even applied to the spiritual aspects, it's faith that can move the mountain into the sea and that's born in our mind and heart. There are some people who can perform extra ordinary actions, simply because they focused and believe on their mind that they can make it. So what we become what we think we are. Anyway thank you for sharing with us and enjoy your day!
I believe those statements to be true, there are also a few verses in the bible that basically state the same thing. I think this principle works a lot with confidence, were you are as confident and attractive as you feel. There is a lot of mind mapping software downloads, that allow to incorporate subliminal messages and images into your computer. These are supposed to really help with things like addiction, diet and confidence.
@elly1384 (352)
• Bulgaria
i am practical and my decisions are based to the future results and my thinking is based to the same,if i decide to do something ,i till know ,in many times, what will happen after my decision ,it means that i know about the consequences and i think about all ways to act the saying that you perform us, i think it is true at all but in my case i think that if i trust to it i am bad girl because i am often negative in my thought and i see firts bad ways next that see good ways of development of something
@uniqueorn (1011)
Nah. This does not apply to every thinking time you have. Though, what we think motivates who will we become. But it does not always follow that what we have in mind is who we are. Ideas are abstract. Thus, there is no limit to our thinking capacity. We people have limitations in the things we do. Maybe, what we think defines who we want to become, or who we are as a thinker but not as who we are as a person and what we do in our daily endeavors.