Have you ever thought about walking out on your job?

@saizo6 (2208)
I was really really tempted to do this today. In fact, the situation deteriorated so bad that I just plain out quit my part time job. The job was housekeeping/running errands for a disabled person. I thought that everything was going okay but starting in May my employer just started being really difficult and getting on my case. I went with the flow because I didn't want to start anything that might make me lose the job. But today was the last straw. I was tempted to leave that person stranded in the middle of running our errands but I didn't want to be too cruel. So, I just waited until the end of my shift and told them this was my last day. I actually felt really relieved afterwards. Anyways, has anyone else been tempted to walk out on a job? Did you actually go through with it? Did you regret doing it or were you happy? The only really bad thing is that now I have to go and look for a new job. The fact that I didn't give a two weeks notice or anything on that job might not look so good either.
@Jacobus1919 (1683)
Well, I already did walk out of my job and quit. The reason to this, is that the employer paid late, like 5 days late. I questions about it, and she got mad. And started to change working rules and such. Why was I asking, because if she wanted stuff done she wanted it on time (we always understand that), but she wanted us not to question if pay was late Now, this is totally wrong, she knew pay day was coming but she neglected that and she on the other hand acted like we owed her that. So, at the end she changed the work rules, and such. I stopped working for her, and told her she can have the job! By the way the pay was not that great either. Talk about unprofessional bosses!
@saizo6 (2208)
I know what you mean. That lady was being a total hypocrite. Expecting things like that from the workers while not following through on her end. That's just messed up. Plus, she had no right to be mad. Your question was legitimate.
I know, what kind of employer gets mad when a employee informs her in advance that he needs to resign because of responsibilities that he must attend. She was swearing all over the place. And not to mention, what kind of employer changes the Work Rules, without prior notice just because she got stressed out from the situation where pay was late?
@saizo6 (2208)
Not a very good one, that's for sure. Mine did the same thing with the rules. She also got mad when I asked her questions about things. And she was the one who told me to ask her first if I wasn't sure about doing something. It was like a no win situation for me.
@emsxxx (75)
yes, but i always plan ahead before quitting (usually when i already got another job at hand, LOL)
@saizo6 (2208)
Sometimes, the plan just goes out of the window though. I was already planning on quitting the job and was already looking for another one but of course things don't always go my way. I just couldn't put up with it anymore. Luckily, I do have another job to help me out a bit even though it won't be much.
@emsxxx (75)
i said, i already GOT another job, not already looking for one. LOL
@manojt2 (179)
Yes, it has crossed me a number of times. But since I was in full debt and had family responsibilities I couldn't just walk out of the job and had to tolerate it. This lead in a feeling to my employer that however he would torture me I am there to tolerate it. He started taking me granted and all impossible assignments were stuck onto me. Many times I used to curse myself for putting my foot down and taking a step ahead. Fortunately after some days I got an alternate job and I nicely quit the job.
@saizo6 (2208)
That's some nice resolve you have there. I usually don't let things bother me either but sometimes it just gets to be too much. There's only so much a person can take.
i am still completing my education.but i am of the view that jobs are too difficult to deal with.in jobs we need to listen to the higher-ups.jobs are also tiresome.i have observed that the people involved in the different jobs mostly retire with the burden of loans.we study for 15 years and after that still we find difficult to find a job.we work so hard for our boss.now if i ask you to work for 48 hours a day?you would say that it is not practically possible.but i would say that its not theoritically possible but its practically possible.say you work 7 hours for your boss.and there might be say minimum 10 persons working under him(not in your case,i am talking in general).thus the total number of hours being worked for your boss would be 70 hours daily.so i would recommened to go for the business(preferably network marketing bcoz it has very good scope).
@saizo6 (2208)
Yes, having a work, especially working for someone else, can be a pain. It's nothing like being your own boss. I'm always reading about people starting they're own business here on mylot. Maybe I should look more into it myself.
@qamarep (4448)
• Pakistan
were you not given that job by a n agency... cant you get a new job by their help. how are you going to live for these 2 weeks
@saizo6 (2208)
I actually got the job through word of mouth. But it is affiliated with an agency and I was planning on going in to get them to send me a list of potential clients later on today. But I think I'll be okay for a bit, I do have another job that'll help me get by (I should probably ask for a few extra days or something).
@sunnyp1 (60)
Lots of times! But I never have gone through with it in the end. I go through phases, sometimes I quite like my job and sometimes I can't wait to walk out the door when the day's work is over. You sound like you have had a tough time and it's good that you feel relieved now. Best of luck hunting for a new job.
@saizo6 (2208)
Thanks for that, I think I'm going to need all the help I can get since it is a bit hard to find a job around here. But I kind of do know what you are talking about. There were some days when I was perfectly okay with the job (couldn't bring myself to like it) but other days I just wanted to say "Screw It!" and leave.
Yup. Too many times. I was in costumer support in united states account. Every single day is a hazard. There's not a single day at work that i didn't get scolded on. I was starting to think that americans are just very unhappy with their lives. Lol. I didn't get through with it cuz i always think about my family. We need money and my job pays great so i had the courage to stick with it.
@saizo6 (2208)
Props to you then if you stuck with it. I guess I couldn't put up with all the bull I was getting even though I needed the money too.