Why do rats love toothpaste?

Rat Toothpaste  - A comic
@hanagi (390)
I have this shocking discovery. Rats love toothpaste! I don't know what they do with eat but every now and then I would buy toothpaste because rats would steal them, bite them and leave them empty. I wonder if they brush their teeth too! They are a huge problem for me. I tried mouse traps still I cannot catch those little creatures.
@damned_dle (3943)
I have never heard of that before! That's disgusting if you didn't know rats chewed on your toothpaste and then you use it. Put your toothpaste and toothbrush where rats can't reach it. A good place is in your refrigerator. Or if that's too far from your bathroom, just put it inside a drawer or closet. Rats are very smart creatures, so rat traps will not work for a long time. Just seal everyplace where a rat can go inside, put screens on your windows.
@hanagi (390)
Yeah! it is disgusting that is the reason why I have to toothpaste every now and then! Now I am keeping it in the closet. I just hope they won't find it there.
I havent seen a rat who's into my toothpaste yet. And i definitely wouldnt want one lol. Well, maybe it was attracted to its minty cool taste. You should try storing your toothpaste inside your bathroom cabinet. Otherwise that minty flavor could one day have a different much stronger taste ;) wink wink
@silverglint (2001)
wow, that is an interesting discovery I wonder if there is a particular brand or flavor that they like hehehe I haven't encountered that before, I guess that is because we have cats in the house, no mouse or rat can survive a night in our place
@akopoaysi (740)
really??? i never expected that... i thought it was cheese that they love... i even put cheese on my mouse traps sometimes... why dont you put toothpaste on your mouse trap...
• Portugal
ahah really? rats love toothpaste? i never heard that before^^ thats so funny well sorry for you i guess is not at all bcs they already ate yours but i dont know try to put it in a place they cant find it. and no i dont think they brush their teeth ahah would be funny though rats brushing teeth ^^ i have an hamster i gave him bath before never tried to put toothbrush near him maybe he would like it too ^^