How late is too late to blare music for a party?

Ever since about 6 PM today a house a few houses down from behind my house has been BLARING music. And when I say blaring, I mean I can clearly hear every single word of the song and it sounds like the dj is next door instead of about a quarter mile away. I wouldn't mind if it wasn't so loud, I know it's Saturday and almost Halloween so whatever, people will have parties. But their music is obnoxiously loud and I can hear it over everything. I had been trying to work on my math hw and it literally took me 3 hours because the music has been so distracting and I can't concentrate. It's now almost 11 and the music is still extremely loud and going strong. I think they should just turn the volume down a bit so the entire neighborhood doesn't have to listen to this dj. I'm used to people throwing parties every once in a while but I usually can only hear the bass, not the whole song loud and clear. I think that by a certain time the music should be lowered a bit so it's not so loud. I know that some people may like to party and dance until the early hours of the morning, but in a neighborhood it's not really ideal to do this. Some may have work the next day or just want to have a peaceful sleep without getting bothered. So how late do you think is too late to be playing extremely loud music for a party?
@bounce58 (17451)
The complex where I live has its own bylaws. Specific to it is that there shouldn't be any loud noises after 11pm. After being knocked on for complaints a couple of times, I make sure I keep quiet even before 11. I think it's so inconsiderate of your neighbors if they blare music after a certain time, 11pm. Did anybody call the cops on them?
I'm not sure if the cops got called or not. They don't live next to or behind my house. They live on the row of houses behind me. I usually don't mind when people have parties but I could hear the music as if it were in my own backyard, that's how loud it was. And they played the dirty versions of all the songs too so all these curse words were blaring. Oh and it was a party full of like 12 year olds. I could hear them screaming/singing the lyrics..and they would even scream the curse words. Call me old-fashioned, but I just don't think it's appropriate for kids that young to be shouting words like the f bomb, b*tch, etc lol.
@bounce58 (17451)
..and they would even scream the curse words. Aha! There's a topic for another discussion right there!
It amazes me how some parents just don't care and pretty much let their kids do whatever they want. If I ever used any of those words at that age I would've gotten in so much trouble. Even now at 19 I barely use those words. lol It makes me feel old to say this but, kids nowadays...
That is surely a nuisance. I would probably call the law on that. I think by 7 pm is too late, for sure when kids are winding down for bed.
@bounce58 (17451)
Yeah you're right! If there are kids in the neighborhood, and it's a school night, people should be considerate and be quiet even after 7. As some would be doing homework or getting to bed.
Lol it was a Saturday night and I was doing homework while little 12 year olds were at a party. I couldn't even concentrate because it was just so loud and distracting.
hi courtknee in the town I used to live in there was a noise ordinance that said no loud music after ten at night in the residential area as many were working people who needed their sleep. I think most American towns and cities do have some sort of noise ordinance that has a set time when music must be lowered t o let people sleep in peace.
I think you're probably right. I don't know much about the laws and stuff in my area but I'm sure there's one in there about noise in residential areas. People do call the cops if a party is going on really late and the music is loud. The cops will come out and then the party pretty much gets shut down. Luckily, the party seemed to end around 11. I don't mind people having parties, but when it's not even near my house and I can clearly hear the lyrics to every song, I kind of have a problem with that lol