nursing home

If an eldery parent had to be put in nursing home, would you, or try to take care of them yourself
@wsue1023 (1396)
I think you should do all you can at home, but sometimes it's not possible to care for someone from home. If you have no choice but to place them in a nursing home, you should be there with them at the facility as much as you can to be sure they aren't being neglected and that they are comfortable. Visit with them as much as you can and remind them that you love them. Decorate their room to make it feel like home and not like a hospital room.
@amiksinha (1961)
If medical treatment is required, then nursing home is better place to put. otherwise you can not take care in emergecy while in nursing home u will be having nurse, doctor and of course medical equipment... if its not required for them, then we shd keep them with ourselves with full respect
I would love to care for my mom forever. I on the other hand am not qualified to do all things. If she just grew old and needed to be care for her daily needs of cource. I would be there for allways. If she had an illness that needed treatment and special care I would have to think about her best interest and needs. my mother is not selfish she would want me to do what I had to for all involved.
@bhchy1 (6051)
If I could no longer care for them because their needs are to great for me to take care of yet. Then yes..I would.
@ccoriel (571)
i'd rather take care of them personally at home. as a family we have the obligation to our parents. they once took care of us and now that they are older, its our chance to reciprocate their love and care by taking care of them.