A child in a group home system that you know? I need some info please

United States
November 24, 2006 12:18pm CST
If you knew a child who was in the system and he was young would you try to get him? My ex has a child that we used to see and he would come over to the house now he is in a group home I want to get him but I don't want to deal with my ex or the baby mama What do you think I should do? I just think I could help him since I have children around his age Help
1 person likes this
3 responses
• United States
3 Jul 07
You could try applying to be a foster parent for him. They would probably consider you because you know him and are sort of a family member. You probably wouldn't have to deal with the ex or baby mama. You could explain the situation to the caseworkers and have them arrange for a caseworker or caseaide to take the child to his visits with his parents, instead of having the parents come to your house.
1 person likes this
• United States
29 Apr 08
i would go for it and i wish you good luck with it
@Lydia1901 (16353)
• United States
24 Nov 06
I would go for it and see what happens. Since you already have kids his/her age, they could help out with the situation. Good luck with that, hopefully things will work out for you.