god and god-men

why do people give more importance to god-men rather than god
There are many sages in india who follow hinduism, and attained the position like god-men. They were very close to god and many saw god. True devotion with honesty makes u very close to god.
@remaster74 (4065)
• Greece
God-men are supposed to be God's representatives on earth. They supposed to teach His words and make a life as virtuous as possible. The representative is the one that is supposed to be followed as an example. And I trully understand the need of human nature to speak more and more about god-men. (p.s. I haven't realised that you spoke about god and god-men because I had my little One bothering me and that happens whenever I am in front of my pc. Excuse me. I hope that won't happen again)
@ssh123 (31096)
Because, probably the God-man is a mediator between the God and his disciples. Probably he gets his cut in the wishes granted by God. In reality, the so called godman play traunt on gullible prayers. The rich and famous people rally around the godman in order to fulfil their personal ambition - extension of wealth, because godman can influence politicians and bureaucrats who are known as powers-that-be.
What exactly do you mean by god-men?
@remaster74 (4065)
• Greece
Here in Greece in ancient times there where 12 Gods. Both women and men. The truth is women were more, and they were the most powerful ones and the most respected. They didn't respect Zeus (who was the father of all gods) so much as they did with Athena (she was the goddess of wisdom).