Just Waiting for the Sun to Come Up

@kareng (11107)
I managed to get an additional hour of sleep last night vs. the night before. I slept for a full 3 hours. Woohoo. I felt pretty good when I woke up this morning so I will stay up and get my notifications somewhat sorted out and work toward catching them up. I'm not sure the sun will even come up this morning. We have a 90% chance of rain today and another big system will be coming through soon. I will take advantage of having my internet up and working while I can and grab a nap later when it goes out. So far that is the plan for the day. I'll be doing all my outdoor chores as weather permits and in between downpours. All of this early morning stuff is new to me, as I have never been a morning person before. Back in the day when I was working, the Director of our institute always got up at 2 am to 4 am every morning. I can now relate to that. <LOL> Hope you all have a wonderful day. Photo: Pixaby public domain
@Gillygirl (27039)
• Sutton, England
I slept pretty good last night but was greeted by stinky weather this morning.
@kareng (11107)
We are waiting on the next band of storms to arrive. I hate this kind of weather. You can't plan on going anywhere with flooding and/or bad weather.
@Gillygirl (27039)
• Sutton, England
@kareng It is annoying, Yesterday we had hailstorms and it's about to piddle down again.
@kareng (11107)
@Gillygirl Same here, rain and thunder and internet going out randomly and coming back. I'm about to just sign off and go back to bed. We got some hail yesterday morning. Hoping to don't lose electricity again today.
@LindaOHio (3926)
I'm usually up all night too. I have a doctor's appointment today so I might try and sleep a little. Other than that I'm up writing on my blog.
@kareng (11107)
I guess this may be my new style. LOL.
Welcome to morning. Rain here today also. I'm not going to see the sun at all today. I hope you have a great day, despite the rain.
@kareng (11107)
We had a very wet day with 8 inches of rain here. The bad part is rain today, Sat and Sun. Monday and Tuesday are supposed to be nice. I'm ready for Monday now.
@kareng I'm sure you are. We've gotten a lot of rain all over the US.
@kareng (11107)
@just4him Today has been mild to moderate here. Hoping that little streak holds for the rest of the night and tomorrow.
@cintol (10529)
Hopefully you get a break in rain soon, where do you live? I used to work nights so I am only used to about 4 hrs of sleep a night as I have to get up in the mornings after being up half the night. Good luck with that!
@kareng (11107)
Southern MS but from LA. You will see me talking about both as my kids all still live in LA.
@cintol (10529)
@kareng Wow, you are a long way away from them but I understand. I moved to Texas but my family is still in Colorado so I do the same.
@kareng (11107)
@cintol LA -- Louisiana; not Los Angeles. It's only about 1.5 to 2.5 hours to either one of the three of mine. You are much farther away to your kids than I am. I am hoping to make it to CO one of these days. I have never been further than the middle of Texas west.
@simone10 (28238)
You slept like I do every night. I only get 3 to 4 hours each night. I hope you are able to take a nap soon.
@kareng (11107)
It seems to be becoming a new routine :(
@simone10 (28238)
@kareng mine started when I went into menopause.
@kareng (11107)
@simone10 This has started here with hubby's strange hours after surgery. He spent most nights up in pain before and right after surgery and I think it has become a habit for him. It's going to be very interesting when he goes back to work.
@whiteream (5341)
I hope you have a wonderful day. Not much can be done outside here, as we have been getting lots of rain. That will have to wait for another day. I am just sitting here at my computer until my load of towels gets done than I will fold them and move on to the next load.
@kareng (11107)
We have been getting way too much rain here. Yesterday was 8 inches. Not as much this morning but still a couple of inches. More rain hits later this evening which promises to be another washout. And more on Saturday and Sunday.
@whiteream (5341)
@kareng Us too. I am starting to worry about thing getting flooded out around here.
@kareng (11107)
@whiteream Storming here now. I am surprised that the internet is still up. I am so ready for a few days of sunshine and nice weather. I miss being outdoors
I wake up when my body tells me I have had enough sleep. Today I woke up late - 7:30! Have a great day.
@kareng (11107)
I used to when in a regular routine. I think since my husband's surgery in February and all the whacky hours, that my body is not confused. I used to wake up at 7:30 to 8:00 every morning on my own. But then again I wasn't staying up late.
@kareng That surgery of your husband would do it - for sure.
@kareng (11107)
@DianneN Hoping the dr. will let him go back to work on light duty soon. He has 3 mo. check up next week. Cross your fingers :)
You do get an early start to your day! It is very cloudy here and the ground is soggy from so much rain.
@kareng (11107)
We have a very saturated ground. We got 8 inches yesterday with the ground already soft. More rain today, Saturday and Sunday. Then two days of dry weather and rain back for Wednesday through Friday of next week. We are looking at two rivers flooding in Louisiana, the Amite River and Comite River. It's not looking very good for that area.
@kareng Oh, I am so sorry this is happening. I do have what looks like a pond in my backyard due to all the rain we had over a 5 day period. Stay safe, my friend.
@kareng (11107)
@Corbin5 That is the No. 1 priority; to stay safe.
@wolfgirl569 (15732)
• Marion, Ohio
I slept good last night. Hope you have a good day
@kareng (11107)
I am glad you got a good night's sleep. I am beginning to think I have a new routine here. Going to bed around 1 to 2 am in the morning and up at 3-4 am. Nap at 8 to 10 till 10 or 11. Crazy!!
@wolfgirl569 (15732)
• Marion, Ohio
@kareng Some people do better with a split sleeping pattern. I seldom go to sleep begore midnight. But then I will sleep until between 7 to 9 in the morning.
@kareng (11107)
@wolfgirl569 That is about the schedule I have been keeping lately only going to bed around 2 am.
@garymarsh6 (17280)
We have had some intermittent heavy showers on and off this morning.
@kareng (11107)
I hope no thunder and lightning will be along with your showers.
@garymarsh6 (17280)
@kareng No sadly there was no thunder or lightning. I love to watch it. We do not have storms like you have in the USA. They are of magnificent proportions. Whereas ours are tiddly little things!
@kareng (11107)
@garymarsh6 Wow, I didn't realize that.
@Sreekala (30262)
I woke up at 5.40 am in the morning 5 minutes earlier to my alarm. The weather is hot here so no energy to do any work. Now it is going to get 3 pm here and I am sleepy in office. I am really wishing some rain, can you send it from there?
@kareng (11107)
I would gladly send you several inches. My poor yard is saturated. Now have to worry about trees falling from too much rain and the lightning.
@Sreekala (30262)
@kareng Thank you dear. It is frustrating to get damages due to rain.
@kareng (11107)
@Sreekala So true.
@mrki444 (2250)
• Osijek, Croatia (Hrvatska)
It's rain again in Croatia. To much rain. It's to cold for May.
@kareng (11107)
Same here! We got 8 inches yesterday, several inches today and more rain Saturday and Sunday. Monday and Tuesday it is supposed to be dry with rain back Wed-Friday. I can't complain about the temperatures though. We are in 60's at night and 70's and 80's during the day.
@mrki444 (2250)
• Osijek, Croatia (Hrvatska)
@kareng Today is sunny in Croatia to but tommorrow and entire next week is rain again.
@kareng (11107)
@mrki444 That sounds like the weather we have been having :(
@DocAndersen (3725)
45% of the days since July 2018 have been either cloud covered or rain producing. I am tired of rain!
@kareng (11107)
Wow, I don't like those statistics. Where are you?
@kareng (11107)
Have a glorious Thursday yourself.
@kareng (11107)
Thank you, wasn't too glorious with all the rain but wasn't the worst of days either.
Have a great day I want the sun to stay down awhile.
@kareng (11107)
Stay down or stay out? I want it to stay out and shine for about two weeks straight. It's going to take that long to dry out here.
@Janet357 (14481)
having a good sleep.will definitely boost your mood.
@kareng (11107)
I agree. It also helps you function better ;)
@Aansh13 (1686)
Early mornings are best ones. I am totally a morning person, I always believed early to bed early to rise makes a man healthy, wealthy and wise... Well not sure about wealthy but for rest two... I am sure
@kareng (11107)
I have never been able to go to bed early. But we all need to listen to our bodies and do what works best for them.
@Mulidi (1529)
• Cruz Bay, Virgin Islands (U.S.)
I sleep well last night.same to you
@kareng (11107)
I slept well for the few hours that I actually slept.
@Nakitakona (1421)
Good morning. How's the plan for this day? Accomplished?