Happy Together

So happy together... "Me and you and you and me No matter how they toss the dice, it had to be The only one for me is you, and you for me So happy together." These are the lyrics of "Happy Together" popularized by The Turtles. This had contributed much of my love for music. This is the song I sang during the singing contest held in our public plaza sometime in October 1970. I was 19 years old then at the time. Now, it's still fresh in mind when my name was called as the winner in the kid category. Everytime I hear that song over the airlanes or from the Spotify I am reminded of my memorable teenage days. Music makes me feel great and happy. And it has led me to compose a song for my high school sweetheart, now my wife.
@Thewings (4130)
Writing your feelings not as easy as you have written. Very beautiful written and glad you have a very nice wife
You're right. My wife is very nice, friendly, loving and caring.
@Thewings (4130)
@Nakitakona thanks and your wife also lucky to have a husband like you
@Thewings Yes, she's happy. She's destined to be my wife, even eternal mate for time and eternity.
@Aansh13 (1689)
Wow! I mean you wrote something for your wife, that's amazing Music is essence of life
Yes, I have still the raw copy of the song composition. It's a simple melody. I uploaded it in my video blog.
@Aansh13 (1689)
@Nakitakona Wow! Nice
@Aansh13 Glad for that. Thanks.
great song, so happy and fun. I've also heard a darker, intense version of this song. I can't remember the name of the band who did the cover though... that's very sweet that you've written a song for your wife
That's sweet. My wife really loves it.
@1hopefulman (41112)
Yes, one of the great songs! Is your song that you wrote for your wife on YouTube?
You bet. I do love my high school sweetheart, now my wife.
@1hopefulman (41112)
@Nakitakona Keep the love flowing!
@1hopefulman No problem. I know we're meant for each other. We've been married for 47 years already.
@arunima25 (18347)
• Bangalore, India
So good to know that you are a good singer. And you are really lucky to have your high school sweetheart as your wife now. I love music and I can't imagine my life without it.
I know how to sing. In short, I can sing but I am a good singer. My late elder brother is a good operatic singer. My granddaughter and his father are good singers, but not me.
@arunima25 (18347)
• Bangalore, India
@Nakitakona It seems you have a musical family like mine. My daughters are carrying on with it.
@arunima25 What a coincidence! Let's go musical.
@simplfred (8786)
This song is a very popular one. I enjoy the tune of this one. So, you write a song as well. That's kinda cool. I write lyrics sometimes.
It's because I am inspired for having.a high school sweetheart.
@Teekaaa (7369)
Great that you have won in the singing contest. And also it's great that you have composed a song for your wife.
It's just a hobby. I am just following the good example of my singer elder brother.