Job interview

@chicnthin (2939)
What was it like when you had your first interview? Did you manage to answer them confidently? If so, how? What were the question that were thrown at you? I was asking because I'm trying to find a summer job.
Fake it till you make it! (For the confidence part) What kind of summer jobs are you applying for? I think the questions vary depending on the type of role/responsibilities that come with it.
@chicnthin (2939)
I see, I'm not really good at it. I stutter a lot especialy when I'm nervous. I wouldn't be picky so anything that is decent job will do.
@chicnthin It's a start! I used to not be able to talk to strangers so I forced myself to pick up a promoter job and waitressing. Helped a lot in my college and career life
@chicnthin I think a good tip would be to not let the interviewer intimidate you :)
@Gillygirl (30260)
• Sutton, England
When I was much younger interviews made me nervous. pretending to be confident helps. Have a reason ready as to why you would be suitable for a job. Research the company and imagine the interview panel as babies.
@chicnthin (2939)
Crap, I tend to stutter all the time especially when I'm nervous. Anyways, thanks for the tips.
@Gillygirl (30260)
• Sutton, England
@chicnthin You're welcome!
I was a teacher, but am retired now. I remember being asked what books and authors I enjoyed and why. Good luck to you.
@chicnthin (2939)
Thanks. Did you manage to answer it confidently?
@chicnthin Yes, I was hired. lol
@iamdahmmy (1858)
• Lagos, Nigeria
I was shaking like a jelly fish..just be comfy in your own skin.. And make sure you dress well..Make some research about the company too
@chicnthin (2939)
That's understable. I, too, would probably experience much worser. Thanks!
@chicnthin I was very scared and was not sure if I would do a good job or not. Also there were times that people beat me to the interviews so I lost out on the job.
@chicnthin (2939)
That is actually what I am afraid of. Scared that I wont be accepted because there is someone out there who is more experienced than me. However, we gotta keep trying and never lose hope.
@chicnthin I understand what you are saying.
@Jlyn10 (11048)
I don't quite remember as it was so many many years ago. Maybe what you should do is to be straightforward and the first thing to tell the interviewer is - I am sorry, I am a little bit nervous as this is my first time. Maybe then, they will be a bit lenient to you and just answer whatever they ask you
• Wheat Ridge, Colorado
Well my first job I was only 14 yrs old working grave yard time..no I did not have to do anything to get the job