Have you heard? Netflix is dying.

The allure of Netflix is the fact that they screen so many shows from so many networks! You have a variety of options for the whole family, like Disney shows for example. However; in just under 6 months Disney is producing their own streaming service called, "Disney Plus". This will improve Disney's odds of monopolizing the entertainment/ streaming industry because other streaming services like Netflix, Hulu, etc, will no longer stream Disney content once Disney Plus is released. Plus, the Disney Plus subscription is estimated to cost LESS than those services as well! It is scary to think of supporting a monopoly, but they are at the top for a reason! The only way these other services will survive is by producing more original content before the 6 months run out! Shows original and exclusive to the other streaming services, like Game of Thrones on Netflix, or The Act on Hulu, will help these services continue their lifespans. What do you think of it?
@1hopefulman (41640)
I don't know what to think. We'll have to see what develops.
Agreed! There’s really no telling. And Netflix has a lot of content that isn’t Disney so, we’ll see!
@1hopefulman (41640)
@Nbalegria42 I don't have too much time so I can only have one of these programs. So far I am happy with Netflix but if somethin better comes along and it is cheaper, what am I supposed to do?
@Ladanger (6382)
I keep hearing about this. I do have shows on netflix that i love. I wouldn't mind having Netflix and the Disney app
I really like Netflix too! I’m hesitant to try Disney Plus. I was really surprised to hear they’re creating their own version of streaming service.
@Ladanger (6382)
@Nbalegria42 i miss all the old disney shows. Hopefully they have all of them
@LestatPen (3232)
I am not sure if networks start making their own sites and networks they will be just like cable. The lure of netflix is to get a lot of so cheap. a lot of people might just stop watcing disney
That’s true! I’m considering not watching Disney as much! I usually only watched Disney series like Marvel, or the new movies when they release because I have younger siblings. Other than that, I don’t understand the obsession with Disney! Plus, I don’t want to support Disney’s monopoly necessarily? They’ve bought out a lot of other outlets/entities like Star Wars, Fox, ESPN, etc.
@myklj999 (27824)
• Olney, Illinois
I think the majority of NetFlix watchers don't care about Disney. I don't watch anything Disney does.
I like Netflix very much. I hope it does not end.
@Nakitakona (4101)
It's a big no if only Disney movies wouldn't be shown in Netflix. It won't affect Netflix.
Disney will have all their content on their own forum. No other business will have access. That's huge for Netflix.
@Nbalegria42 Well, that's speculative. Unless other big movie industries will restrict Netflix from showing their movies.
10h
i'd rather rip out my nosehairs than watch a whole channel of disney. i'll still stick with netflix.
@ParaTed2k (22938)
• Sheboygan, Wisconsin
Netflix created the very monster that may kill them. It's all part of business as usual. We'll see what they do to try to stay relevant. If they can't, See Ya!
@stapllotik (1346)
I think it will doom at least in my country. Look at it subscription cost. It has to understand the Indian market. India is a price sensitive market, The US pricing model will not work here. Why would people subscribe Netflix if they gets a whole 1 year subscription from Hot star just at a price of Rs395. Netflix has to rework on their subscription plans as for India persay.
• Zimbabwe
This is what's happening in malls too. Most of my small time favorite shopping hangouts are gone..