My nephew is hospitalized.

Agra, India
June 12, 2019 2:04am CST
I just received this shocking news. My two year old nephew drank some anti depressant and sedative syrup kept in this grandparents room. Now he will be hospitalized for a day. They will clear his gut and then put him on a saline drip. I'm devastated to hear this. I'm really feeling very sad.
17 people like this
18 responses
@Gillygirl (31051)
• Sutton, England
12 Jun
How awful, please keep us updated
3 people like this
• Agra, India
12 Jun
He is still under observation but out of danger.
1 person likes this
@Gillygirl (31051)
• Sutton, England
13 Jun
@amitkokiladitya That must be a huge relief!
1 person likes this
• Agra, India
13 Jun
@Gillygirl yes...it definitely is.
@Shivram59 (10743)
• India
12 Jun
@amitkokiladitya That's so sad.Wish him an early recovery.Medicines should be kept beyond the reach of kids.
2 people like this
@Shivram59 (10743)
• India
12 Jun
@amitkokiladitya How is he now?
1 person likes this
• Agra, India
12 Jun
@Shivram59 he is better. He is discharged from the hospital but still there are many precautions which need to be taken.
2 people like this
@Shivram59 (10743)
• India
12 Jun
@amitkokiladitya Thank God the child is safe.This incidents should make your family members very careful in future.
1 person likes this
@raveeen (1789)
12 Jun
I also took some anti depressant before. I hope your nephew will get better soon and make sure that put those medicines in a place where children will not reach it. just my thought
2 people like this
• Agra, India
12 Jun
Yes....you are true. His mother is a bit careless
@raveeen (1789)
12 Jun
@amitkokiladitya hmm I think his mother is not that careless, I guess she just forgot/didn't know that her child can reach it because her child is just 2 year old. Just my thought
1 person likes this
• Agra, India
12 Jun
@raveeen I know her well and so I'm saying this.
1 person likes this
@smileyhema (1911)
• United States
12 Jun
Oh my goodness. Sorry to hear this. Hope he should be all well. My regards. And when it comes to kids, they pick some thing or the other. If I may ask - was it kept very reachable to him. Feeling bad about it. But don't worry, doctors will take care. Wishing for a speedy recovery.
2 people like this
• Agra, India
12 Jun
I don't know how this happened. He is undoubtedly a very naughty child. So nothing can't be said.
1 person likes this
• United States
12 Jun
@amitkokiladitya : Hmm, I can relate to this. Few months before, my daughter put us in a trouble situation saying she put a button on her nose. Doctors confirmed that it should either come out during her bowel clean up time or she must be joking.
1 person likes this
• Agra, India
12 Jun
@smileyhema I have heard about this before. Some kids ingest small objects. I'm glad it caused no trouble
1 person likes this
@snowy22315 (68998)
• United States
12 Jun
That is very sad, but at least he will survive, so that is something to be thankful for.
2 people like this
• Agra, India
13 Jun
Yep...he is definitely out of danger now.
1 person likes this
@snowy22315 (68998)
• United States
13 Jun
@amitkokiladitya You just have to be grateful..it was caught in time. When my cousin was little they caught her with two of my grandfather's heart tablets..(digitalis) in her mouth.
2 people like this
• Agra, India
13 Jun
@snowy22315 omg...really? Did it cause any major trouble?
@Sreekala (32016)
• India
12 Jun
Children are very naughty and tastes whatever gets in their hands. So please be careful while keeping those things. It is better to keep some upside place so that they can't reach the place. It is really shocking. Hope he will be alright soon.
2 people like this
• Agra, India
12 Jun
I think the parents have learned a lesson now.
1 person likes this
@Sreekala (32016)
• India
13 Jun
@amitkokiladitya This kinds of incidents are very common when children are around. With the first incident learns learn the lessons and take care of things there after.
1 person likes this
• Agra, India
13 Jun
@Sreekala yes....but it ain't easy to handle naughty kids.
@BelleStarr (45175)
• United States
12 Jun
That is terrible, poor little guy, I hope the grandparents will put things higher up in the future,
2 people like this
• Agra, India
12 Jun
Yes...they were really guilty
1 person likes this
@thelme55 (18335)
• Germany
12 Jun
Oh my! Medicine should be keep high and away from small kids. He might have think that those were candies. I hope your nephew will feel better soon.
2 people like this
• Agra, India
12 Jun
He is out of danger but still hosptitalized.
1 person likes this
@tech40 (17048)
• Philippines
12 Jun
I do feel sad about this, because of being depressed and they don't know how to handle it that ends with drinking too much medicines I hope he will feel better
1 person likes this
• Agra, India
12 Jun
No dear....he is too young to k ow only this. Only 2 years old. He found the medicine near his reach and drank it unintentionally
1 person likes this
@tech40 (17048)
• Philippines
12 Jun
@amitkokiladitya Oh! He is still young! I thought he is around a teenager! Ask them to put their medicine on the higher places
1 person likes this
• Agra, India
12 Jun
@tech40 yes...I think they have now learned their lesson
1 person likes this
@arunima25 (20569)
• Bangalore, India
12 Jun
I hope he is well soon. Don't worry doctors will take care. Keep us updated.
1 person likes this
• Agra, India
12 Jun
Yep...he is better now. But still hospitalized.
1 person likes this
@arunima25 (20569)
• Bangalore, India
13 Jun
@amitkokiladitya Oh! When will he be back home??
1 person likes this
• Agra, India
13 Jun
@arunima25 he is already discharged and at his house.e
1 person likes this
@Hannihar (64076)
24 Jun
@amitkokiladitya Poor little guy. I bet he is frightened.
1 person likes this
• Agra, India
24 Jun
Yes ..but kids forget soon. He is fine now.
1 person likes this
@Hannihar (64076)
24 Jun
@amitkokiladitya Why are saying he will forget soon?
1 person likes this
• Agra, India
24 Jun
@Hannihar because kids are like that
1 person likes this
@Nevena83 (27571)
• Serbia
13 Jun
Oh, that's terrible. I hope everything will be fine. Medicines must not be kept close to children.
1 person likes this
• Agra, India
13 Jun
Yes...he is out of any dnager now. Thanks for your concern.
1 person likes this
@Nevena83 (27571)
• Serbia
13 Jun
@amitkokiladitya Thanks God.
1 person likes this
• Agra, India
13 Jun
@Nevena83 yes....we all are thankful for this. How are you?
1 person likes this
@Aansh13 (4405)
• India
12 Jun
This is extremely sad... Wishing him health and speedy recovery
1 person likes this
• Agra, India
12 Jun
Thanks...he is still hospitalized but out of danger.
1 person likes this
@Aansh13 (4405)
• India
12 Jun
@amitkokiladitya Glad to hear that! Hope he recovers soon...
1 person likes this
• Agra, India
12 Jun
@Aansh13 yes...he has become very weak in one day
1 person likes this
@anil02 (7804)
• India
12 Jun
Yes it is serious one. God will cure him very soon, I am assured.
1 person likes this
• Agra, India
12 Jun
Yes...he is better and discharged just now. Now it is a follow up.protocol
1 person likes this
@anil02 (7804)
• India
13 Jun
@amitkokiladitya take care of him.
1 person likes this
• Agra, India
13 Jun
@anil02 yep...thanks.
1 person likes this
@Sojourn (5353)
• India
12 Jun
That's terrible. May he be well soon.
1 person likes this
• Agra, India
12 Jun
Thanks for your wishes. He is now out of danger.
1 person likes this
@Sojourn (5353)
• India
12 Jun
@amitkokiladitya Glad to hear that.
1 person likes this
• Agra, India
12 Jun
@Sojourn thanks. Good evening
1 person likes this
• United States
18 Jun
That is terrible news, I hope he hope he will be ok.
1 person likes this
• Agra, India
18 Jun
Thanks for your concern. he is fine now.
• United States
13 Jun
I am always about child safety first that medication should had been put up somewhere so that the child could not get to it this is the way mishaps like this happen I pray that the child is alright.
1 person likes this
• Agra, India
13 Jun
He is fine now. thanks a lot for your prayers
@1creekgirl (16350)
• United States
12 Jun
I will pray for your little fella that God will heal him. I'm sure his grandparents feel terrible.
1 person likes this
• Agra, India
13 Jun
Yes...they were really feeling so guilty
1 person likes this