“Is it FUN to be soaking WET from the RAIN?”

During my childhood years, my siblings and I used to take a bath under the rainy weather. I cannot deny this fact since it is also done by other Filipinos’ families. Of course, we never dared to do it on the road. Luckily, we have a backyard that we can jump in puddles and be soaked wet under the rain. “Have you tried taking a bath under the rain?” “Do you miss something in the past that wanted to do it again?” Image Credit: dailytimes.com.pk
@1hopefulman (42967)
My ex-wife would put on her bathing suit and run in the rain. I never did that but she had fun.
@db20747 (20790)
• Washington, District Of Columbia
Did u ever like getting caught in the rain??!!
@1hopefulman I am sure she loves it. I think you can try it. Would you?
@1hopefulman (42967)
@db20747 I love it but I want to have good boots, a raincoat and a big umbrella. Then, I'm singing in the rain!
@infatuatedbby (101103)
I was never allowed to go out in the rain and be soaked. Let alone bathe. Then again, it does not rain often here.
I do think that some parents don't allow their kiddies to do this. I am sure they have their own reasons.
@Shavkat They say we'll get sick from the rain water
@infatuatedbby I do agree it is being wet for long hours.
@jerzgirl (8117)
• Gloucester City, New Jersey
I always loved being out in a summer rain and getting soaked to the skin. Unless there was lightning. Then, no. I have no problem with anyone showering in the rain. Nature's bathing the earth. Why not you, too?
You have a point there. I don't think it is safe to get wet if there is lightning.
Yes, it is fun, especially for the kids. However, usually the elders won't allow it. They say it is easy to lead to have a cold
Some elders do say the same thing. That's the reason why they always asked a kid to take a bath right away if being wet by the rain.
@jerzgirl (8117)
• Gloucester City, New Jersey
Nah. Unless you allow yourself to get extra cold and lower your body's defenses, rain won't cause a cold any more than swimming will.
@smileyhema (3036)
Yeah. Many a times, my cousins and I have tried to drench and dance in rain. But, as you know, elders will come and chase us, for the fact that it could cause cold and fever. Given a chance, we'd always tried to escape to the rain lord. :-) Good pleasant memories..
Indeed, my friend. This kind of memory is priceless. I hope that millennial kids can experience this. These days, they are so hooked with modern gadgets.
@Shavkat Nicely put! They have just the digital experience. It's like they are exposed to everything, even cricket - but not the actual game.. it's online.. They miss the real feel. Sad!
@smileyhema Sometimes I felt bad with younger kiddies with parents who replace their care with these modern gadgets. They made them as their kids' nanny.
@tech40 (18510)
I love taking bath on rain when I was young, but there are times that my mom doesn't allow me because it can make me sick
I do agree that most parents will say about the sickness part. During my school days, I am a hardheaded young one and don't want to bring an umbrella. Thus, I need to take a bath as soon as I arrived home.
@tech40 (18510)
@Shavkat same my mother always mad at me when I go to school because I don't like to bring umbrella due to the weight of it. Luckily I wasn't getting any fever
@tech40 I am used not to bring a backpack at school before. Thus, I only bring pad papes when studying before.
I never took a bath in the rain, but my siblings and I would go out and run around in the rain in our bathing suits in summer. It was a lot of fun.
I like that moment with the family. I do wanted to have rain pouring during dry season here.
@Shavkat I'm sure you did. We've had a lot of rain this year.
@just4him We are also anticipating to have the rainy season this month. In my city, monsoon rain is starting to kicks in.
@LowRiderX (10962)
• Serbia
It is fun, but for children. It does not go for a woman in my age to leap in the rainBut yes, I miss that
I think if you have a yard of your own, then there is nothing to worry of being soaked were, right?
@LowRiderX (10962)
• Serbia
@Shavkat True, but I have also and neighbors. Very curious neighbors
@LowRiderX It is a good thing that I don't have neighbours. If they do exist, they will be busy to earwig me.
@ShifaLk (15973)
Yes it was fun. We bathe in the rain, we ride our Two wheeler Scooter in the rain, me and @Kanubanu sibling.. It was all fun.. And we made paper boats. Aw beautiful memories
We also did the paper boats. It was really fun to reminisce the old days sometimes. Is @Kanubanu your best friend?
@ShifaLk (15973)
@Shavkat oh yes. So beautiful days. No @Kanubanu Shikha is my elder sister
@ShifaLk I got it. It is nice that you have a family member here.
@Shavkat Some would get wet by their hoses. Me I prefer to stay dry. I hate getting caught in the rain. I could get sick if soaked and cannot go home to change.
I do agree that it is not good to stay wet for a long time. It was a great memory to have this during my childhood years.
@Shavkat I am glad for you.
@Hannihar Thank you.
@amandajay (22771)
• New Zealand
yes it was fun when we were kids.. haha
I do agree with you. Unfortunately, some kids are not into this kind of situation nowadays.
@amandajay (22771)
• New Zealand
@Shavkat oh yes they are now slaves of electronics
@amandajay That's the reason why a parent's role is crucial in raising their kids.
I don't like cold water on me so nope not me.
I do think that some people wouldn't want it.
@Shavkat I loved it as a child in the Summer months.
@sharon6345 During the old days, we wanted to do it during summer. It is so hot and dry here in this kind of season.
@rsa101 (20232)
Yeah I remember those days but nowadays when you do that you would usually catch colds or cough and worse is fever. But I remember that during the month of May at the first rain falls we were allowed back then. It said it has healing effect but I doubt if that is true.
It is my first time to hear about the healing part. I do think it is not good to do this these days. For the reason that we are experiencing air pollution.
@rsa101 (20232)
@Shavkat Yeah that was the common belief by my grandparents that the first rains of May is the healing ones that is why I can see a a lot of kids would play and frolic in the rains when the first rains of May comes. I also had the chance to experience it back then and May's first rains are really strong back then. Nowadays May's rain are very little that it creates more humidity and can cause you to feel uneasy and at times unwell.
@rsa101 It seems that elders have heaps in common with such beliefs. I think they do have healing power. It can still be effective if we believe about it.
My mother would never have allowed it. I’m happy in my shower or bathtub.
@Kanubanu (2032)
Why your mother did not allow? ??You must be naughty in your childhood
@DianneN I think your mom and I have the same thinking about it. It is only my late father allows us to do it.
@Shavkat I can understand that!
@ridingbet (63826)
we did that when we were still kids but now, no more. flu might come. hahaha
I agree. We can still do it.lol
@ridingbet (63826)
@Shavkat not for me anymore, kabsat. my immune system is always low. i should not be sick especially regarding respiratory and cardiac conditions.
@ridingbet I agree. We need to keep fit as much as possible.
@JustBhem (56143)
• Davao, Philippines
Yes, playing under the rain.
I think it would be fun to do try again.
@JustBhem (56143)
• Davao, Philippines
@Shavkat Nah, I cannot anymore.
@JustBhem I understand.
@yanzalong (13217)
It sure is my friend. I used to do that.
It is nice that you had experienced this. I think we can still do this once in a while.
@yanzalong (13217)
@Shavkat Absolutely we still can my friend.
@yanzalong I hope I can do that with the young ones. I think they need to experience it, too.
Where I live, it rains only in winter and it is a very cold rain. Not fun at all.
I had experienced this before. I agree I don't like the rain during the winter season.
@Shavkat We only have rain in winter.
@marguicha Is it heavily rain?
@moonandstars (19184)
• Zagreb, Croatia (Hrvatska)
When it was a spring shower rain and, no, I had to drive all wet a bus for 15 minutes. I'm glad I didn't catch a cold
What if you are going back home? I think you can get wet and go straight to take a bath upon arriving at home.
• Zagreb, Croatia (Hrvatska)
@Shavkat If I'm going to ghome, yes. If not, then, Houston, we have a problem
@Kanubanu (2032)
I love to walk in rain because no one can see my tears.......lolz
It sounds like a TV drama scene.
@Kanubanu (2032)
@Shavkat Ha ha ha....and I am an actress? ?????????