Coconut Milk Boost

@flapiz (10175)
Good morning everyone. Today is a very busy day for us as a family. It’s definitely not a chill weekend. After sweeping the 2 floors of the house I decided to give up on the ground floor as my hand was blistered from using the broom too much. Then the coconut tree caught my eye and I had an Einstein moment (light bulb next to my head). Hey! Why don’t we have some coconut milk for refreshments. It would be good to keep us hydrated. Coconut milk is better than water since they have the same component as our blood plasma. Since our coconut is short I didn’t even have to climb it. I just twirled the coconuts till they disconnect from the tree. The 4 coconuts I collected served 10 people with repeats and now we are ready to do more work! How’s your weekend going?
@Starkinds (8134)
Yes I know coconut milk is more beneficial than water anyway keep busy and have some rest to
@flapiz (10175)
Thank you Jaya. I actually slept 3 hours after lunch. I was too exhausted I better get moving again I feel too lazy after such a long nap. How’s your weekend?
@Starkinds (8134)
@flapiz hello it's going well I am in my office before an hour I just having my lunch which is fried rice or onion curry I'm feeling little bit lazy also. let's hope for tomorrow and friendship day too
@flapiz (10175)
@Starkinds Wow your lunch sounds tasty. You are working on a weekend? Very hardworking!
@Nakitakona (11241)
We call it in our dialect as "tubig sang butong" (water of young coconut). It is good source of potassium, manganese, and sodium. It also serves as antioxidants.
@flapiz (10175)
Well said! It is better than gatorade! So you are Bisaya too? I am from Bohol we call it the same. Whereabouts are you from?
@Nakitakona (11241)
@flapiz In Negros.
@flapiz (10175)
@Nakitakona I haven’t been to Negros. I was told fish is very cheap there?
@Avijit100 (1516)
I don't know if the short coconut trees are of a different breed or if they are manually tweaked to be short in height. But its really tough to get coconuts from the tall ones and all I used to do as a kid to wait for one such to fall off so we friends could have a party.
@flapiz (10175)
I think ours is a hybrid. It does make it easier to consume as it’s easy to harvest. But here even the tall ones are consumable. Filipinos make a climb hole on the coconut stem and climb it. It’s just dangerous that way. Risk for falls and slips. When I was visiting Thailand, I saw an interesting way of harvesting coconuts. They are harvested using climbing monkeys! Now how cute is that? Although I wonder if that’s safe too if the monkey decides to be cheeky and throw the coconut directly on a person.
@birjudanak (8016)
its a great thing that you catchup coconut outside your home as there are lots of benefits of coconut but i like that cream which is inside it so yummy.
@flapiz (10175)
Oh yeah sometimes we put it along with the drink. I love it indeed! Sometimes we add it to our cooking like what my mum did. She made coconut-papaya soup with shells for lunch today.
@flapiz that's delicious and love to eat as here people less interest in drink coconut water but they more interested in eating that cream and we call it malai.
@flapiz (10175)
@birjudanak Can you show me a photo of how that look like? Is it different from coconut curry?
@rsa101 (21059)
Very nice one you just got one in your backyard. Here in the city its hard to do that anymore. Most are bought in vendor outside already.
@flapiz (10175)
Yeah I feel blessed in terms of fruit trees. A large backyard is really good for that.
@rsa101 (21059)
@flapiz Yup you are so lucky to have that place where almost everything can be source from within your place.
@flapiz (10175)
@rsa101 We also have a surplus of papayas. Still waiting for other fruit trees to grow. We planted a lot.
@IamKYLE (1439)
I rarely drink coconut because it's too far from my place but I really like coconut
@flapiz (10175)
They are sold in boxes in the supermarket and malls. But it would be more pricey than the live one.
@tech40 (18679)
@flapiz How much did you buy?
@flapiz (10175)
@tech40 Hi Jandey I don’t ever buy as we have plenty im the backyard but in the mall around 10$ for a can if I recall correctly.
That is awesome! I’ve been to an all day party and am headed out to dinner with friends in a couple of minutes.
@flapiz (10175)
Wow that sounds like fun! Enjoy your dinner with friends!
@flapiz Thanks. It was fun, but I’ve been exhausted. I gave myself a day off to do NOTHING! Lol!
@flapiz (10175)
@DianneN Yes we all need that Nothing Day! It’s actually not as easy as it sounds if you’re used to being a busy body.
@JustBhem (59874)
• Davao, Philippines
I love coconut especially the water and what’s inside of it.
@flapiz (10175)
Me too. And when they turn brown and old, I like the white puffy thing that comes with it. In Bohol we call it “botbot” in Tagalog they call it “buwa” apparently. Have you eaten that?
@JustBhem (59874)
• Davao, Philippines
@flapiz Is that the hard white thing?
@flapiz (10175)
@JustBhem It’s soft it looks like a little mushroom that gows in the center of brown coconut.
@moffittjc (58240)
• Gainesville, Florida
I love coconut milk! When I was a child I would shimmy up the tall coconut tree at my grandmother's house and cut down all the coconuts so I could drink the milk and eat the coconut. I used to love doing that!
@flapiz (10175)
Hahaha you really really sound so Asian! I am too scared to climb one so I’m stuck with dwarf coconuts for sustenance.
@moffittjc (58240)
• Gainesville, Florida
@flapiz Wouldn’t it just be easier to go to the grocery store and buy some coconut milk?
@flapiz (10175)
@moffittjc Well it tastes different in the grocery.I don’t know why. Plus this one is fresh and no preservatives.
@yanzalong (15131)
Weekend was good. That photo of a coconut tree is perfect. It's beautiful.
@flapiz (10175)
That’s good to note. And thanks for the compliment. Do you drink coconut milk often?
@yanzalong (15131)
@flapiz I do. Thank for asking.
Coconut milk sounds good to drink.
@flapiz (10175)
Yes it is yummy and healthy. Haven’t you tried it Judy?