Almost lost my cool

Commerce, Georgia
Monday I was in bingo. There was this lady there that lives upstairs in the Alzheimers unit. She is very disruptive and has been violent before. Anyway, I played the first 2 games. She was getting on my nerves badly. She was hollering out the numbers that were being called. It was awful because I couldn't concentrate due to her distracting us all. Most everyone was put out with her. By the 3rd game I couldn't stand it anymore. I knew I was a pressure cooker ready to explode. So, instead of showing out in anger, I removed myself from the situation. My nurse took me to my room because I came to her in tears of anger. She talked to me and told me I did the right thing to leave because it would be bad to say anything in anger. I have been depressed and I think tat situation brought the suppressed anger from depression out to the surface. I have been journalling every day since and I will keep it up. Thanks for listening. Hugs!
@akalinus (29410)
I'm glad you did not erupt in anger. The Alzheimer's lady probably did not know she was annoying. She might not have even known where she was. She might have thought you were someone she knew 50 years ago. Who knows?
That would be the wise thing to do knowing she can't help her current situation. You rock Jo ann.
@akalinus (29410)
@sharon6345 Thanks, I just call it as I see it. I have been around Alzheimer people. My husband's mother was one. It is not pretty. We babysat her for a week once and had to call the cops in the middle of the night. She was missing. They found her standing on a street corner in her nightgown. She was looking for her grandpa.
@akalinus That is a situation I wish on no one but as we grow older we need to be mindful that they can't do better in that situation. I am not sure where your mom in law is but I wish her the best. I have heard that is hard on the person and the people around her.
@Gillygirl (37869)
• Sutton, England
It is good you kept your cool. The other patient had no control over what she was doing. Big hugs to you
• Commerce, Georgia
Thanks Gill. I knew she couldn't help it but I still was fixing to say something, so I left. I cried all the way back to my unit. I was mad at myself and the situation.
@Gillygirl (37869)
• Sutton, England
@OreoBrownie You are very caring.
@bunnybon7 (42777)
• Holiday, Florida
glad to see you and listen. been here many years with you
• Commerce, Georgia
Good to see you too.
You definitely made the right choice. The lady, due to her illness, was acting in a way she could not control.
• Commerce, Georgia
You are right. She was in being 2 days ago and she was quiet until the game was over. She might have been more oriented.
@CarolDM (40806)
Good for you. We have to know when yo walk away form drama in life.
• Commerce, Georgia
Yes we do.
Yes you were right to leave, you know her mind is not right. I hope you are doing better, you can mylot and we will listen
• Commerce, Georgia
5thanks. This is where I get my feelings out.
@Scrapper88 (2474)
I would have left too.