Can't Keep Calm.

@eileenleyva (13740)
It's the wee hours of the morning and sleep was interrupted by nostalgic feeling, today being flight day, when my daughter embarks on a brand new journey to the United Kingdom. So, instead of tossing and turning on my mushed up bed, here's a post promised. The past days have been super stressful, with a thousand and one bullets to check in the to-do list, shopping for winter clothes being the least difficult. My daughter was granted a scholarship together with 28 other Filipinos with different fields of study. The selection was competitive, and when the list came out, I did think the chosen ones are indeed the finest, the credentials rendering the cream of the crop. I was simply overwhelmed. More than that, deeply grateful. My daughter has this wanderlust and she loves to visit places. This will give her the opportunity to savor the most diverse of cities in the world. And again, more than that, she gets to be a student again, a needed respite from the rigorous work she had been subjected to in her professional life. Sigh. Thank you, Chevening.
An exciting year full of new experiences and learnings in the 🇬🇧 is in store for the 29 Filipino scholars who were #ChosenForChevening. Our best wishes go to each one of you. Cheers to new...
@rakski (36843)
wow, congratulations to your daughter! What is she going to study there and how long?
@eileenleyva (13740)
Thank you. My daughter is an Environmental Planner. She's working on an MA in International Planning.
@rakski (36843)
@eileenleyva oh that is great!
@eileenleyva (13740)
@rakski She told me the degree is an MS. Sigh.
What a wonderful opportunity for your daughter. She has so many new experiences coming her way.
@eileenleyva (13740)
Very wonderful opportunity truly. We are grateful. The matrix of activities has yet to be given but I told her to brace herself for the challenges. Thus far, she has three acquaintances - one from New York, another one from Malaysia and the other from China. She's the only Filipino listed in her college.
@topffer (38577)
• France
Maybe not the best moment to go to UK, but congratulations to your daughter, I hope she will enjoy her journey.
@eileenleyva (13740)
As in forecast of a bitter winter coming? Or the matter with the Brexit? The photos and videos she sent were all wonderful. I hope more good things come instead of bad. If there are challenges, I believe she can hurdle those gracefully. Thank you.
@rsa101 (21806)
WOW congratulations on that note. I am sure you’re a proud mama who just created a better version of you. I think when we parents see something good with them we feel mighty proud of them. How long will she be staying there? That would make you miss her for sure.
@eileenleyva (13740)
I always say my daughters have surpassed any achievement I have garnered in my youth. Everything they've done are all their own. I never helped in homework nor researches, except for one when my younger daughter needed insects and tri-foliate chleome and I took the net and walked the fields. Ha ha. My duty was to cook for them, bring them to school and ferch them, check the laundry, and yes, demand that we hear Mass together. Shocks, they've missed Mass now because of work. Sigh. But that is the first act my daughter did in London= hear Mass on Mama Mary's birthday. Thank you, friend.
@rsa101 (21806)
@eileenleyva yes their achievements are yours as well. Being the mom behind their success is already an achievement for you already.
@eileenleyva (13740)
@rsa101 That put tears of joy in my heart. Thank you very, very much.
• Pamplona, Spain
Congratulations to her and hope she enjoys her stay over there she will be fine I am sure.
@eileenleyva (13740)
The university has conducted a History Walk for International Students. Gosh, the lady tour guide who, I believe, was a lawyer by profession, was super cool, according to my daughter. She had learned much just by walking the streets. Still acclimatizing with a bad case of jet lag. Other than that, she's fine with new acquaintances and impressed with the welcome talks. Very good speakers. Thank you, friend.
• Pamplona, Spain
@eileenleyva England Brexit or no Brexit is a great place to be in whether its London or not.
@eileenleyva (13740)
@lovinangelsinstead21 I believe that absolutely. England is home to Will Shakespeare and Chris Marlowe, Elton John and the Beatles, and many a great personages that gave the world the arts and sciences, music, architecture, and all fields of discipline. The land and all the natural resources are contributing to the artistry and intelligence of the people.
@CarolDM (40686)
Sounds like a very happy time. It is hard to sleep when this is all going through your mind. Congrats!
@eileenleyva (13740)
Thank you, Mixed feelings there, actually, Happy my daughter gets to fulfill her dream. Apprehensive because she'd be away for more than 365 days.
@CarolDM (40686)
@eileenleyva You are blessed to have a daughter.
@eileenleyva (13740)
@CarolDM I have two blessings I am most grateful to our God for. My younger daughter is an OB-Gyne resident. She's very tough, as her elder sister, though she's confined in the Delivery Room and the Operating Room all the days of her young life. Sigh.
Congratulations and jubilations! What a great chance for your daughter to see something of the world.
@eileenleyva (13740)
Thank you very much, Thanks for the correction, too. I do believe you, your English is actually perfect. Sometimes, I just use words even if they are not exactly right - like the "mushed up" thing in this post. Just thought I'd like to use the words. As in that wanderlust thing. I stand corrected.
@eileenleyva (13740)
@MALUSE Thank you very much for this.
@maximax8 (29463)
Wow. Congratulations to your daughter. I hope that she really enjoys studying in the United Kingdom. I suggest she buys a young person's railcard if she wishes to take train journeys. In the south east they have a network railcard.
@eileenleyva (13740)
Thank you. She is studying the transport system right. She's waiting for her student card so she could get a discount on the cards. She's enjoying the parks and gardens before the winter comes.
@maximax8 (29463)
@eileenleyva I am delighted that your daughter is looking in detail at the UK transport system. Yes, with her student identity she can get discounts on the cards. She is sensible to be making the most of the weather before the winter begins.
• Agra, India
That calls for some celebration indeed.
@eileenleyva (13740)
I am actually humbled and have given thanks to our Creator for this wonderful opportunity my daughter was blessed with. I know she is destined for greater heights. She is one no nonsense kid. Thank you. Will celebrate when she gets her MS in a year/
• Agra, India
@eileenleyva yes...indeed and having a good child is no less than a blessing
congratulations to you and your daughter! i hope she has a nice time in United Kingdom
@eileenleyva (13740)
She's having a lovely time right now even if she is still acclimatizing to the cold weather. Thank you.
@ilocosboy (44588)
Congratulations to your daughter, well where she inherit her smartnesss and skill, its you. I can feel your happiness.
@eileenleyva (13740)
Thank you. Yes, I am very happy. Yes, again, I think the child inherits the good chromosomes from the mother. Ha ha.
• Lenox, Georgia
Congrats to your daughter!! That's super exciting. =)
@eileenleyva (13740)
Thank you. She was truly super excited when I dropped her at the International Airport. Now she's enjoying the parks and gardens before formal school opens and adjusting to the cold weather. She's waiting for a sale on winter clothes which will be in a few days, I think.
@LindaOHio (10247)
Congratulations to your daughter. What an exciting time!
@eileenleyva (13740)
Thank you. The mother is feeling mushy.
@averygirl72 (17174)
Wow it's so impressive. It is a big blessing to your family.