Vaping

@nanette64 (19391)
Fairfield, Texas
There are 600 chemicals in cigarettes; one of which is the nicotine at 1mg. An e-cigarette contains 12 mg of nicotine which equals 60 regular cigarettes. Before the 1960's cigarettes only contained the natural nicotine in the plant. It wasn't until the tobacco companies needed to raise the stakes that all the other chemicals were added; which are the killers. I've been a smoker for 46 years and NEVER had any lung problems......until, I thought the e-cigarette was the 'better' option. Within 6 months of using those, I now have 2nd stage COPD. And before you can say, "Stop smoking"; I might want to remind you that nicotine is also in tomatoes, potatoes and egg plant. An over-indulgence in those can be just as bad. Of course we shouldn't forget about the nuclear power plants, coal plants, buses, cars, etc., that spew out all the good stuff we breathe in every day....should we. We're gonna die from poisoned water, air and food; so I think I'll light a ciggie.
@UncleJoe (15044)
• Virginia Beach, Virginia
I realize what you're saying but so far, I can't get tomatoes, potatoes, or eggplant to stay lit.
@nanette64 (19391)
• Fairfield, Texas
I know right? I even tried it with a candle. Go figure @UncleJoe .
I think as soon as we walk outside, we are assailed by contaminants that can kill us over a period of time. These days, according to the state of California, everything will kill ya.
@nanette64 (19391)
• Fairfield, Texas
No kidding and let's not forget about the pharmaceutical companies @Corbin5 . I'd say they are one of the biggest killers of them all.
@nanette64 (19391)
• Fairfield, Texas
@Corbin5 Boy ain't that the truth. Talk about population control. The only difference between the US and back in the day Hitler, is that the US is sneeky.
@myklj999 (31401)
• Olney, Illinois
Have I missed a big story on vaping today? 3 discussions here and memes popping up on facebook... Okay, found it
There are now six deaths due to lung illnesses related to e-cigarette use that have been confirmed in Kansas, California, Illinois, Indiana, Minnesota and Oregon. Here's everything you need to know about the vaping epidemic in the United States.