Wow Air is coming back in October 2019

@maximax8 (29605)
United Kingdom
I have just had an email to say that Wow Air is coming back. It will fly from Washington DC to Iceland for its first flight. It sounds like it may offer more destinations as it will be getting 12 planes. Have you ever seen an airline go out of business? Where do you fancy flying on a plane?
@CarolDM (41711)
I never fly any more, I have many years ago but I drive when I travel.
@maximax8 (29605)
I wish I had the confidence to drive overseas. I took my son to the barber earlier this week.We had to wait for ages and my son was a friend he used to have at primary school. He told us his parents drove all the way to Croatia for a vacation.
@CarolDM (41711)
@maximax8 I am only talking 500 miles or so of driving.
@xFiacre (8605)
@maximax8 I rented a car for the first time this year to scoot about Normandy and it was great. I was apprehensive at first in spite of driving about Paris for a year 33 years ago.
@mrki444 (6026)
• Osijek, Croatia (Hrvatska)
I never flew in plane.
@maximax8 (29605)
I see that you live in Croatia. It is such a beautiful country that I visited in 2003.
@mrki444 (6026)
• Osijek, Croatia (Hrvatska)
@maximax8 Where were you in Croatia?
@maximax8 (29605)
@mrki444 Dubrovnik, Mljet Island, Split, Trogir and I had a little time in Zagreb.
@epiffanie (10612)
Yes, I remember one here in Australia .. Ansett Airline.. very popular here .. but that was more than twenty years ago and I don't think it will come back.. Have a safe and comfy flight from Washington DC to Iceland ..
@maximax8 (29605)
It was a pity Ansett Airline stopped around 20 years ago. There are some low cost airlines that fly to Australia from Asia now like Air Asia.
@epiffanie (10612)
@maximax8 Yes indeed.. Air Asia offers the cheapest flights at the moment..
@maximax8 (29605)
@epiffanie We used Air Asia to fly cheaply from Malaysia to Cebu and from Cebu to Singapore on one trip. On the other trip we used it from Bangkok to Kuala Lumpur and from Kuala Lumpur to Osaka. We weren't able to use it from Osaka to Honolulu so we went on Scoot Airlines.
@Nevena83 (33403)
• Serbia
I've never flown a plane.
@maximax8 (29605)
I suggest you try it one day. Flying is the quickest way you see.
@Nevena83 (33403)
• Serbia
@maximax8 I don't think I'll ever have enough money to travel by plane.
I haven't been on an airplane since 1986. I was always on military flights. I was on one civilian flight when I was a child. I believe it was Delta.
@maximax8 (29605)
It must have been amazing to go onto a military airplane. I hope you fly again in the future.
Oh thats good I know they have great fare prices. Yes I witnessed Pan Am and TWA go out of business.
@maximax8 (29605)
Air fuel seems to drive some planes out of business. It is a pity about Pan Am and TWA. I love it when a plane has low costs for flying.
I just realized that Wow Air is a airflight's name
@maximax8 (29605)
Yes, it is called Wow Air. I would like to travel on it if it gets any suitable routes.
@xFiacre (8605)
@maximax8 Fly me to Buenos Aires, one way. Not really a good time for an airline re-launch I would have thought.
@maximax8 (29605)
We really liked it in Buenos Aires however we came close to being mugged. I agree it is a weird time to re-launch an airline.
Oh, we flew to places in the USA, but now when we travel, we take our pup Molly with us in the car. She does so well on road trips.
@maximax8 (29605)
The USA is a large country so I understand you flew in planes. It is wonderful you have now got a puppy called Molly. Road trips are the best way to travel with her.
@birjudanak (10044)
Yes we have dome company who off and one of it is jet airways. Don't know much but they were running their business in loss. We visited Dubai via its flight.