DIY wall ideas

I am considering using paint sticks for a stained affect for the wall on my bar area. Does anyone have any ideas or suggestions? Has anyone ever done this?
@TheSojourner (22653)
Paint sticks? I know that there are Sharpie markers that you can use to cover up scratches on wood, but I've never thought about using them on a wall.
This is a design in a frame but I am looking to do this on a slightly bigger area.withiut the frame and colors the coordinate with my kitchen area
@YouWantMeToDoWhat have you thought about buying moulding at the hardware store? I know that they have strips of wood that are used for other purposes that I know I've seen. I wish I knew what they were called.
@TheSojourner no I have not even thought about this at all. That’s for this suggestion
@peavey (16906)
Oh, I think that's a cool idea! It would take a lot, though, and a lot of different colors, wouldn't it?
For the area I am conspiring, it would take about 150 paint sticks. I have about 50 but I am able to get free ones at about 10 at a time from each paint store. I have the stains so that’s not a problem. All in all this will cost less than $50
@peavey (16906)
@YouWantMeToDoWhat It sounds like a fun project that you can be proud of when it's finished. It's always fun (in my opinion) to do something different, especially if you can do it with a minimum of expense.
@maximax8 (30066)
You could paint the wall in different colors and then varnish it over to make it log lasting. I have bought three wooden hexagons. I plan to paint them in seaside colors and display small nautical ornaments. Good luck with painting your bar area.
• New Baltimore, Michigan
YES. Paint sticks. They’ll work.