World number 1....

@arunima25 (41716)
Bangalore, India
Yes, our city has been given this world number 1 place but it's nothing to be proud of. In fact this is our everyday trouble and a big nightmare. If one of the news that just flashed on my mobile has to be believed, our city Bangalore/Bengaluru has been declared as number one in worst traffic across the world. That be followed by some place in Philippines on number two. Few more cities in India get their ranks in top 20. Traffic is a killer here. I am just back driving my daughter back home in one of the worst traffic. I am feeling tired and definitely deserve a nap I will be here till my eyes really close.
@gofsey (1957)
• Madurai, India
Hello Arunima! The traffic scene is deplorable indeed. But, I like Bangalore because it has wonderful gardens and pubs! It is good to know that you are a 'write until you drop' person. I too write a lot.
@arunima25 (41716)
• Bangalore, India
Now this garden city has become a concrete jungle. Yes the pub culture and weekend night life is an attraction still here.It is good to know that you love to write. I would like some guidance from you to get some good writing opportunities.
@gofsey (1957)
• Madurai, India
@arunima25 Arunima, I don't know if this will help but I keep the sun in my face when I write. Staying in the warm glow helps me relax. But, when I go inside, I rely on the background picture to keep the glow alive. About opportunities, there are iWriter, Upwork, and Fiverr. They shut down Wikinut some time back. It was a favorite haunt for most people.
@arunima25 (41716)
• Bangalore, India
@gofsey You sound like me. I keep my laptop and work table in one of the extended balconies. Keeps the sunlight coming there and I don't need to use any artificial light in daytime. Thanks for your input. I will explore them.
@Sreekala (32825)
I am sure Delhi must be included in that list.
@arunima25 (41716)
• Bangalore, India
Yes it was there in top 20 but much below Bangalore. Delhi roads are broad and so less congestion. Bangalore was a small state capital and never expected such a sudden growth.
@ptrikha_2 (23793)
@Sreekala Delhi is at the 8th position.
@ptrikha_2 (23793)
@arunima25 Delhi has improved because of more elevated roads and flyovers but pollution is very bad too.
@ptrikha_2 (23793)
I was in Bangalore for a few days in June-July 2000 and then in May 2007. On the first occasion, it did feel truly like a Garden city. Yet on the second time, in 2007 it had started getting congested. And I believe that now it is getting even more congested. Looks like public transport and Metro Rail need to be expanded faster.
@msdivkar (12078)
I was in Bangalore for the first time in 1967 along with the school tour, then again in 1969 and continued going there after the gap of one year or so and every time i went there i noticed the change it was transforming itself into. Last time I was in Bangalore was in 2003. A lot must have changed since then.
@arunima25 (41716)
• Bangalore, India
I came here in 2000 just after my marriage and was here for few months. I really loved the place. But then I was out of India for almost 11 years and when I came back to Bangalore , it was a completely different city. And it is getting worse. It is no more a garden city. It is a concrete jungle now.
@arunima25 (41716)
• Bangalore, India
@msdivkar A lot has changed in last five years and it has made the city a mess. It is a concrete jungle with all unplanned development and it's ever going construction. It is horrible now.
@thelme55 (46645)
I am sure it is Manila who is the second-worst traffic after India. That is why I donĀ“t like to go to Manila for a stopover when flying home to the Philippines. Enjoy your day.
@arunima25 (41716)
• Bangalore, India
Yes. It is Manilla. Seems like the traffic there too is very chaotic like ours here.
@thelme55 (46645)
@arunima25 yes, I have heard about the chaotic traffic jam in Manila that's why I don't like to land there when I fly home to the Philippines.
@arunima25 (41716)
• Bangalore, India
@msdivkar (12078)
That is the index not to be ashamed of it is the sign of prosperity of the city of course at the cost of the comfort of the dwellers.
@arunima25 (41716)
• Bangalore, India
It's the corruption and mismanagement to be blamed. They have reduced a garden city to a concrete jungle. We have lost all the greenery that the city had.
@ptrikha_2 (23793)
@msdivkar Well, that is a sign of city prosperity which is undermining the quality of living.
Ow I know why your husband has to leave so early in the morning. Traffic sounds worse than New York City!
@arunima25 (41716)
• Bangalore, India
Once you see this traffic, you will fall in love with New York City traffic. I did drive in New York City. Here the lack of traffic sense in people add up to the misery.
I agree. Not something to be proud of. I'm sorry the traffic is so bad in your city.
@arunima25 (41716)
• Bangalore, India
This city was a beautiful place with a pleasant weather through out. It was called the Garden city. But all ongoing construction, population and unplanned growth has turned it into a concrete jungle. We have lost all the greenery owing to these development.
@arunima25 That's a shame.
• Agra, India
Omg.... this really describes all your plight
@arunima25 (41716)
• Bangalore, India
Yes it does.
• Agra, India
@arunima25 i wish the metro work gets completed very fast
@arunima25 (41716)
• Bangalore, India
@amitkokiladitya It doesn't seem to be moving. In fact has stopped in recent months.
• Denver, Colorado
Have a good day Arunima
@arunima25 (41716)
• Bangalore, India
Thank you. I am having a good day and I hope you too are having good time.
@jeets03 (5793)
• Mumbai, India
@arunima25, Though I live in mumbai, I felt Mumbai and Delhi traffic are the worst. Your post really surprised me when I got Bangalore is topping the list. Recently, I was in Bangalore and travelled across the city but I didn't feel it may be because it was saturday and sunday. However, my cab driver was also saying the same that in few places during rush hours it take 30 to 40 minutes due to traffic. I really didn't believe him at that time but now I feel he was right.
@arunima25 (41716)
• Bangalore, India
I stayed in Delhi for first 23 years of my life till I got married. I learnt driving there only but back then almost two decades back, the scenario was different everywhere. Yes. Bangalore has worsened over years due to unplanned expansion and population surge. When I first came here in 2000, the city was a heaven compared to Delhi. Then we were out of country till 2013 and once we were back after 13 years, we could not believe how much chaotic it had become and it went on getting worse. In Delhi and Mumbai at least the roads are wide.
@jeets03 (5793)
• Mumbai, India
@arunima25 Yes, a decade early, almost all cities were not badly in traffic except Delhi as far as my experience says. During 94 to 96 I was there and at that time too Delhi had very bad traffic. However, you are correct, at least Delhi has broad roads compare to Mumbai. And one decade is good enough to change any city.
@arunima25 (41716)
• Bangalore, India
@jeets03 You are right. Traffic situation has got worst over last decade in all the cities. More and more people own vehicles now and the congestion and pollution are results of that.
@Ajy78613 (1838)
And which city is on second number?
@arunima25 (41716)
• Bangalore, India
Manila
@Ajy78613 (1838)
@arunima25 ohh i see, where you from got this data?
@arunima25 (41716)
• Bangalore, India
@Ajy78613 It was in news. On wion and also on some online portal