Captain Castle

@LowRiderX (20152)
Serbia
For all lovers of castles, legends, history and mysteries I proudly present to you one castle. In the spirit of pseudo medieval castle in neo gothic style. Serbia has about 70 castles. This is one of them - Captain Castle. It was built by Bela Botka in 1904. This castle, like many others buildings of the owners here in Serbia, changed its owners and passed through the historic vortices, but fortunately it came into the possession of the owner who restored it and gave it a new splendor. Each castle has its own mystery that has been told for centuries, for this castle the legend goes like this.. Bela Botka lost the castle at gamble, in August 1938, but unfortunately it was not such a big accident that happened to him, compared to the one that happened to it only a few days later after learning that he had gone bankrupt. His wife, could not come to terms with the fact that they had lost the castle, climbed to the highest tower, she poured herself with gasoline and set it on fire. They say it burned quickly and there was no ash left of her ... except a lock of blonde hair. That lock of blonde hair has been flying around the castle for a long time, it is said that every year on August 2 in one of the chambers of the castle, the shadow of a blonde woman appears and the roar of lions is heard. Even today, when mowers mow the grass around the castle, instead of grass, a lock of blonde hair is sometimes found on their blades.. Thanks for reading, I hope you enjoyed it Picture is mine
@Janet357 (50313)
Amazing story. I never thought Serbia has so many castles. and who lives here now?
@LowRiderX (20152)
• Serbia
@Janet357 Some of the castles are state-owned (confiscated) and some are privately owned. Some owners have made hotels out of their castles and some do not allow photography. I was lucky and the owner was very kind to me.
@Janet357 (50313)
@LowRiderX wow they must be very rich, the owners i.meant. this is a beautiful castle.
@LowRiderX (20152)
• Serbia
@Janet357 Aristocracy Yes, these current owners are also quite wealthy, who knows how much a castle like this can cost, I was just embarrassed to ask, I just watched and enjoyed ... like a child on a carousel
@cherriefic (8761)
So it's haunted?
@LowRiderX (20152)
• Serbia
@cherriefic So legend has it, but only on August 2nd By the way, this castle is not open to the public, but since I know the owners, I went inside, they even asked me if I wanted, they will prepare a room for me to spend the night ... of course I didn't agree, I'm not that extreme
@LowRiderX That's a very wise decision! Since it's not open to the public, you may feel a lot of paranormal happenings around there even during the day.
@LowRiderX (20152)
• Serbia
@cherriefic No, nothing happened when I was there. It is not open to the public because it is privately owned
I love tales like this! It’s such a pretty castle.
@LowRiderX (20152)
• Serbia
@DianneN I adore them, especially since I had the opportunity to go inside, I took photos.. that furniture, the rooms as they are decorated, the hall with a huge chandelier and a piano
@LowRiderX I enjoy visiting castles, too, and when allowed, have taken photos of everything possible.
@LowRiderX (20152)
• Serbia
@DianneN Here is a picture from another angle. I took a lot of pictures inside as well but it wouldn’t look nice on the collage And I made a video as well
@Alexandoy (59170)
• Cainta, Philippines
Why is it called Captain Castle?
@LowRiderX (20152)
• Serbia
@Alexandoy The castle changed owners, it was owned by several prominent people, and one of them, after whom it was named, was Milan Captain, who took the castle as a dowry when marrying the daughter for Franz May, one of the richest men of the time.
@Alexandoy (59170)
• Cainta, Philippines
@LowRiderX oh, Captain is a family name, I see.
@LowRiderX You could include this info in the post. I was wondering about the name, too. This castle is relatively new. Are there also old castles in Serbia? Germany has about 25.000 (!) castles from the Middle Ages onwards, partly in ruins, partly still inhabited. Here is a list. The text is in German but it isn't much and not important. The photos are interesting.
https://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Liste_von_Burgen_und_Schlössern_in_Deutschland
How I wish I could see a real castle. Perhaps I can wear a prince costume if it happens.
@LowRiderX (20152)
• Serbia
@Shavkat You are funny....The feeling is fantastic, I visited the whole castle, peeked into every room. I am delighted with the furniture, mirrors from the 18th century. Stairs, tower, terrace with a fantastic view...I made a bunch of pictures. I was so happy.
@LowRiderX If I am in that castle, I can write so many things about it.
@LowRiderX (20152)
• Serbia
@Shavkat I think I said the most important thing, there would be a lot more to say, talk ... about the mirror from the 18th century, for example, which is located in the hall of the castle
@Lakshman15 (2648)
Wow excellent information you share hear..your image is simply super..
@LowRiderX (20152)
• Serbia
@Lakshman15 Thanks! It is not difficult to take a beautiful photo when the castle itself is so beautiful
I am not a fan but the one in the image is very beautiful.
@LowRiderX (20152)
• Serbia
@sharon6345 Thank you Sharon, even though you're not a fan, you liked this one
@LowRiderX And you deserved a comment as well.
@LowRiderX (20152)
• Serbia
@sharon6345 And thank you especially for that
@m_audrey6788 (31768)
The castle in your photo looks great.
@LowRiderX (20152)
• Serbia
@m_audrey6788 Thanks! I am a fan of castles and stories related to them
@LowRiderX Wow! That`s good.
@DocAndersen (24190)
i love castles and castle stories even more
@LowRiderX (20152)
• Serbia
@DocAndersen Me too, I've always been attracted to that. Are there any castles where you live?
@DocAndersen (24190)
@LowRiderX there are a few near us. Some of them are quite spectacular!
@LowRiderX (20152)
• Serbia
@DocAndersen Are they privately owned or are they perhaps hotels?
@moonandstars (38123)
• Zagreb, Croatia (Hrvatska)
always those blondes very nice story and i'm sorry for him losing his cothes but, who was bela botka; a noble man, businessman or?
@LowRiderX (20152)
• Serbia
@moonandstars He was certainly not a shepherdpolitician was, deputy and chief notary County
• Zagreb, Croatia (Hrvatska)
@LowRiderX o, a politican, i see. o, yes, a shepherd wouldn't posses this big property
@LowRiderX (20152)
• Serbia
@moonandstars As today, only the rich can afford this
That's an interesting story about the castle.
@LowRiderX (20152)
• Serbia
@just4him Thank you, i love those legends related to castles
@LowRiderX They make visiting them more interesting.
@LowRiderX (20152)
• Serbia
@just4him This one is not open to the public, I was lucky because I know the owner
@simone10 (48087)
I love the background stories to castles and big elaborate homes.
@LowRiderX (20152)
• Serbia
@simone10 Yes, they are interesting to me too, but I would not like to be convinced of any of those stories
@simone10 (48087)
@LowRiderX Me either I sure wouldn't want to live in any of them. I believe in ghosts
@LowRiderX (20152)
• Serbia
@simone10 I don't believe it, but I don't want anything to convince me otherwise
@nela13 (33349)
• Portugal
It is a beautiful castle, very different from the ones we have here.
@LowRiderX (20152)
• Serbia
@nela13 No two are the same, for example, they look alike if one is modeled on the other. There is one, I visited that castle too, and I will write about that
@nela13 (33349)
• Portugal
@LowRiderX do you mean castles in your country all looks like this?
@LowRiderX (20152)
• Serbia
@nela13 No, no...Here they are different, there is one that I know was built on the model of one from Czech Republic, that's what I meant
• Pamplona, Spain
That is really interesting and what a lovely Castle they can be very peaceful places too. One I went to with the School was a very peaceful place I put my hands on one of the walls and only felt peace coming out of it. Would not fancy the Castles in London though not even to spend a night here no way.
• Pamplona, Spain
@LowRiderX Neither would I either. I don´t need that kind of stress at al who does?
@LowRiderX (20152)
• Serbia
@lovinangelsinstead21 There are such people, they simply either do not believe in it or are not afraid. I don't want to tease fate
• Pamplona, Spain
@LowRiderX Nor me either. In Hampton Court the said ghost of poor Catherine Howerd one of the wives of Henry the Eighth is said to be heard screaming as the guards arrested her and held her back as she called out to Henry for mercy of course he was not listening. Every year on the same day they open all the doors of where she ran and you really can hear her screams and cries I do believe that one for sure. Not something I would really cherish going to hear the poor girl.
@Thrilliana (12224)
Wwooooaah!! Have you found a blonde hair there? that place is nice. That tale is terrifiying
@LowRiderX (20152)
• Serbia
@Thrilliana Nooo Nor do I want to see it
@Thrilliana (12224)
@LowRiderX i wouldnt go there too if people will tell they found blonde hair hahaha
@LowRiderX (20152)
• Serbia
@Thrilliana The owners don't tell that, they don't believe in that story, but that legend has been circulating for this castle for centuries.
• Shenzhen, China
Wow,thanks for sharing,it is a grand castle with a sad story.I think castle represents mystery,and history.the architecture of castle is exclusive and marvelous,I dream of visiting certain old castle at Europe one day.In your contury,there are so many castle remained,It is handy to you for visiting a castle.
@LowRiderX (20152)
• Serbia
@jefferson126 Well, not really. Because if the castle is a hotel, then it's kind of like losing on all that, there are a lot of people, the smell of food, the waiters on all sides ... you understand? They remained in private ownership and I was really lucky to meet the owner of this castle who allowed me to visit literally the whole castle with a camera.
• Shenzhen, China
@LowRiderX ,I almost understand,you mean if a castle is a hotel,someone enjoy themselves in castle, because the food and service and others obsessed someone,they may be trapped in castle.did i make any sense?
@LowRiderX (20152)
• Serbia
@jefferson126 No, no ... I'm just saying it's not the same feeling when you enter a castle / hotel and a privately owned castle, where you are the only guest
@thelme55 (45551)
Wow! What an amazing story. I love it. Thanks for sharing.
@LowRiderX (20152)
• Serbia
@thelme55 Thank you Thelma
@thelme55 (45551)
@LowRiderX You are very welcome. Have a nice Saturday.
@LowRiderX (20152)
• Serbia
@thelme55 Thank you, have a nice Sunday you too
@CarolDM (82213)
• Nashville, Tennessee
Never seen a castle but would love to. A great story.
@LowRiderX (20152)
• Serbia
@CarolDM Thank you but I did not understand this part 'Never seen a salt..'
@CarolDM (82213)
• Nashville, Tennessee
@LowRiderX Sorry, my auto fill is acting weird today!
@LowRiderX (20152)
• Serbia
@CarolDM Okay, I thought only I could sound like this
• Bosnia And Herzegovina
i really liked this storyyyyy i even saved it in bookmarks so i can show this to my boyfriend, he likes stories like this, i'm sure he'll say let's go there in August
@LowRiderX (20152)
• Serbia
@aureategloom Thanks and it was interesting to me! I am a brave person but not so brave to visit that castle in August
• Bosnia And Herzegovina
@LowRiderX but what's the point in visiting it in other months, it's more fun in august
@LowRiderX (20152)
• Serbia
@aureategloom Do you know that I don't watch horror movies at all, no way !!
@Nevena83 (51762)
• Serbia
I would still like some wooden, little house in the woods.
@LowRiderX (20152)
• Serbia
@Nevena83 That is not so unattainable, the castle is something completely different, only the aristocracy can afford it
@Nevena83 (51762)
• Serbia
@LowRiderX Everything became unattainable for me.
@LowRiderX (20152)
• Serbia
@Nevena83 Sorry about that