Should children in their adolescent periods allowed to sleep with parents?

In India there are many urbanised places and rural places have 2 bedroom flats or 1 bed room houses. So many children in their adolescent periods sleep with their parents. But is it desirable?
@cherriefic (8791)
If there's no other choice, then it should be okay I guess. Not everyone are fortunate enough to have their own rooms.
Thanks Cher, yes only limitation is that parents can have their private talks in front of teenage children.
@sathviksouvik That's right since it's an adult talk that teens may not fully understand.
@cherriefic Thanks Cher I fully agree with you.
@SHOHANA (11318)
• Bangladesh
I think parents should have separate room for their privacy
Thanks Shohanaji, those parents who have 3 bedroom apartments or houses can afford to do it. In many villages in India, parents sleep with their 2 or 3 children out of which 1 may be in their teenage.
@SHOHANA (11318)
• Bangladesh
@sathviksouvik I think that is uncomfortable
@SHOHANA The problem is teenagers learn adult conversation also. Privacy gets lost.
@gr8nana6 (3440)
• Hamilton, Ohio
When they are very young it would be ok, but not in the bed. Have at least a separate bed for them.
Thanks Maria yes that is desirable for them.
@gr8nana6 (3440)
• Hamilton, Ohio
@sathviksouvik Teenager's should definitely not sleep in the same room as parents. When my daughter and SIL had only 1 bedroom, they gave it to my grand daughter and they slept on the pull out couch in the living room
@Adie04 (6330)
Hmm... I think kids should learn to be independent.
Thanks Adie, I agree.
@Adie04 (6330)
@zandi458 (28127)
It is fairly normal to see Asian families sharing their bedrooms with their children. My children slept with us until they are old enough to be on their own ie. about 5 years old.
Thanks Zandi for sharing the experience. Where it is affordable it is always a good option.