How travel has changed over the years

@maximax8 (31177)
United Kingdom
In the days before the Internet I found accommodation listed in guide books like Lonely Planet and Rough Guides. Now I can book places to stay on the internet. I bought some printed maps from book shops in the old days. Now I can print off a maps showing all my accommodation choices. These maps I arrange so I can see how to get to the accommodation from the train station, bus stop or airport. How has travel changed for you over the years?
@ShifaLk (18030)
Nice to know that. I don't travel much. Only within India
@maximax8 (31177)
I loved visiting India.
@ShifaLk (18030)
@maximax8 you have visited here. Wow. Which places you saw
@maximax8 (31177)
@ShifaLk We went to Mumbai and Pench National Park. We took a train right across India.
@CarolDM (108965)
I have not traveled much in my lifetime. Just in the US.
@maximax8 (31177)
Carol DM. Maybe you could visit a near by country like Canada or Mexico.
@CarolDM (108965)
@maximax8 I am not ready to visit anywhere right now.
@maximax8 (31177)
@CarolDM Maybe in the future. The world will be safer once the Corona virus goes away.
@moonandstars (44320)
• Zagreb, Croatia (Hrvatska)
well, it got adapted to travelers and current age. though, i liked reading through lonely planet books
@maximax8 (31177)
SS I really like Lonely Planet books as they go into a lot of detail. Their maps are top quality and really appeal to me.
• Zagreb, Croatia (Hrvatska)
@maximax8 yes, they were the best ones.
I hate the airlines now. My last two trips where horrible on them. Plus, here with all the security measures what a pain. I remember the first flight I took pre 9/11 it was great. I know that there was a bag check but nothing like the insanity now. I will only use the train now. I go to Vegas because I have family there and over the years it lost a lot of its charm. They ran off the street performers and sidewalk water vendors. Now it's almost boring and way overpriced.
@maximax8 (31177)
Thanks for you excellent response. Sorry your last two trips were horrible. The security measures are bothersome yet necessary. It is a pity Las Vegas has lost a lot of charm. On You Tube I know a man from Los Angeles and he has just moved to Las Vegas. He loves seeing much less traffic on the roads. I wonder if he will notice the high prices for goods there. I see your family members live there so you still visit Las Vegas.
@maximax8 The prices in Los Angeles are horrible too. Not to mention they are starting a new law of rationing water of 55 gallons per household and if you go over it you will be fined a $1000. Yes I visit when I can but I know I'll never fly again. As far as the security measures, well I had one of the security people searching my luggage take a bottle of nice lotion from me. I was like okay you can have it. Really, she and I both knew she was stealing it from me. The scanners could tell it wasn't a bomb.
@thelme55 (60261)
Yes, we did that, too before traveling. We searched accommodation from the guide books and called the place and booked. Now in times of internet, traveling seems easy. We only need money
@maximax8 (31177)
Thelma we had been visiting some family members in Canada and we came into the city of Victoria. We found it challenging to find any accommodation. I asked the hotel receptionist if they could help find somewhere for us to stay. In the end he found a model on the outer area of Victoria on Vancouver Island.
@thelme55 (60261)
@maximax8 I am glad you were able to find somewhere to stay.
You can find what you need to know on the internet usually
@maximax8 (31177)
Snowy the Internet is great for comparing flight costs.