Do you believe in luck and miracles?

@Merliva (1226)
Saint Lucia
Well honestly speaking I don't believe in luck and miracle. I believe if something is there for you then you will get it. I believe you have to work to reach where you want in life but as far as luck and miracles I don't know to be honest. I truly believe anything that happens was just bond to happen. I think once you working towards that goal and you determine then you would reach where you want in life no matter how long it takes. If i just happened to win 10000 dollars I wouldn't say it was luck, I'd say i won because I was always playing that lotto and i was determined about winning. Does anyone agree with me? If there are other opinions out there then I would really love to hear it please because I am not to sure of mine
@topffer (41073)
• France
I have a good reason to believe in miracles, I was instantly cured of an illness in Lourdes when I was 6, and I remember that perfectly. My only question since is "why had I been chosen among thousands of pilgrims ?" I have not the answer. I wrote a couple of discussions about Lourdes a few years ago if you are interested.
@Merliva (1226)
• Saint Lucia
Well this is certainly a miracle from god himself...Am so sorry you went through such tough times in your life. I really hope you are okay now
@topffer (41073)
• France
@Merliva I would say a miracle of Our Lady of Lourdes. It is a very special place, maybe unique. I posted something about Zola who went to Lourdes without believing in miracles. He was an atheist. He saw two women having traveled in the same train than him cured in Lourdes. In his book he said that they were only temporary cured but what he saw disturbed his strong atheist feeling. But for "luck" I am not far to think like you, most of the time we are responsible for the "lucky" or "unlucky" things happening to us.
@Merliva (1226)
• Saint Lucia
@topffer Oh thanks for edicating me I had no idea of alot of things you said above
@Dreamerby (273)
I have always heard the saying 'Luck is for the prepared."
@happylife1 (12373)
• Karachi, Pakistan
yes i believe on these things too inspite of hardworking is necessary for goal
@Merliva (1226)
• Saint Lucia
This is the first time I've heard it but i like it
@1creekgirl (22427)
I do not believe in luck. I do believe that God still performs miracles. But we all have free will to make choices that may or may not turn out for our best.
@Merliva (1226)
• Saint Lucia
I totally agree with you
• Agra, India
Yes .I definitely do. It is all about luck and position of stars
@Merliva (1226)
• Saint Lucia
You sound so sure of what you are saying can you explain further and educate me please
• Agra, India
@Merliva I strongly believe that luck comes our way when the planet and stars enter a special position which varies for each and every person
@Merliva (1226)
• Saint Lucia
@amitkokiladitya oh wow I'd really like to believe so also but i don't know much about the planet and stuff...I don't ready study about space and so forth
@Pandy_ (720)
• Sydney, Australia
i do sometimes i do believe in god but not sure bout miracles or luck but interesting when great things happen sometimes i feel very lucky and very blessed yes
@Merliva (1226)
• Saint Lucia
12h
Wow I totally agree I feel exactly the same
@Pandy_ (720)
• Sydney, Australia
5h
@Merliva have you witnessed any thing that make you believe in miracles
@jassmine (777)
• Morocco
I believe in miracles
@Merliva (1226)
• Saint Lucia
12h
From god that's great
@Overflowing (3345)
I don't believe in luck but i believe in miracle from God
@Merliva (1226)
• Saint Lucia
Okay I totally agree with you
@db20747 (30968)
• Washington, District Of Columbia
I'd like to believe this too. That if you are determined to win you will achieve your goals.
@Merliva (1226)
• Saint Lucia
Thank you so much I really believe so