Is it impolite?

@sunrisefan (25957)
Friday is the usual schedule for the garbage collection for general household wastes (inside a bin with red cover) in the area where my daughters’ house is located. On the other hand, the schedule for recyclable wastes (which are placed in a bigger bin with blue cover) is every other week. If a holiday occurs within the week, the collection is moved a day later just like this week because it was Labour Day here in New Zealand last Monday. We put out the bins early morning but after my son-in-law came back after conducting my daughter to her hospital duty, he noticed that the lid of the general waste bin was already bulging. Like last week, some neighbor up the road had placed two bagfuls of their garbage in our bin. Same thing happened last week. I’m wondering if the people who did it had good manners or were simply bullying. We’re thinking of putting out our bin next time only when we see the garbage truck coming. By the way, only the driver comes along in the truck because the truck has a mechanical arm that lifts the bin and tosses the contents inside the truck. The truck has also two steering wheels. When the truck is doing its collection, the driver drives on the left side and when the truck is on the highway to the dump site, the driver stays on the right side and uses the steering wheel there because vehicles here are of the right hand drive and the vehicle travels on the left side of the road.
@brokenbee (9520)
To avoid conflicts, you just have to bring the garbage bin outside when you see the garbage truck. That waý, the neighbor can no longer dump theirs inside your bin. They are rude.. I didn't know there are people like that in NZ..
@sunrisefan (25957)
Yes, we’ll be doing that next week, Ms Arbie. How are you doing? How’s work?
it's always a surprise to know there are rotten apples in the bunch
@sunrisefan (25957)
@hereandthere Right. Hope your place is not in super typhoon Rolly’s path, Ms. Everywhere. Keep safe from him and from covid.
Just bring out your bins when the garbage truck is there already. Not worth getting into an argument with neighbors over this.
@sunrisefan (25957)
You’re right Allen. That’s what we will do. Thanks :)
@sunrisefan (25957)
BTW, I hope your place is not in super typhoon Rolly’s path. Keep safe.
@sunrisefan the typhoon changed its path and early reports said it will go through Metro Manila.
That's not right. I would wait until you see or hear the garbage truck in your neighborhood before putting it out.
@sunrisefan (25957)
That is what we will do this week.
@sunrisefan That's good. It should work.
@sunrisefan (25957)
@just4him Yes I think so and that will be tomorrow, Friday, which is the garbage collection schedule in our area.
@rakski (70387)
They are just annoying neighbors. It is better to put it out when the collection time in near
@sunrisefan (25957)
That is what we will do starting next week.
@rakski (70387)
@sunrisefan I hope that will work
@sunrisefan (25957)
I hate when that happens. I think peoples bins are full so if they see other bins empty they’ll take advantage of it. I also dislike when I get dog poop in our bins (we don’t have dogs for that matter nothing against dogs) but sometimes the bag isn’t tied properly or whatever. Even some lady scooped dog poop directly into bins at my husbands previous place like wth? Now my husband tries to bring out the bins when the truck comes or not the night in advance but on the day of!
@sunrisefan (25957)
Some people just don’t have respect for others.
@sunrisefan i agree they shouldn’t generate so much trash!
@sunrisefan (25957)
We have a similar programme for our bins. I would have no problem with your neighbour using your bin if he asked you first.
@sunrisefan (25957)
That would have been the right thing for them to do but, sadly, they did not.
@acelawrites (19164)
They're impolite.You are right not to place the bin outside long before the garbage collector comes.
@sunrisefan (25957)
We will do that starting next week. Hope the message will get across to the culprit that we noticed what they did. Enjoy your Sunday but stay safe from covid and Rolly.
@msdivkar (17893)
The waste collection here is everyday. Garbage collectors come on foot with a wheeled bin. These bins are them dumped into the truck mechanically. This is more convenient for us.
@sunrisefan (25957)
Your collection system is good. Having it every day will not make your bin smell bad compared to having the collection on a weekly basis.
@msdivkar (17893)
@sunrisefan Yes we are happy with it.
@sunrisefan (25957)
@kaylachan (7861)
I believe people are being rude and taking advantage of the fact you keep your bins out overnight. Here, we don't seem to have that kind of problem. But then again, we've got people breaking into cars.
@sunrisefan (25957)
Seems like the one who did it does not have respect for others.
@kaylachan (7861)
@sunrisefan No, they obviously don't.
@sunrisefan (25957)
@kaylachan I think so too.
Very rude of your neighbors, I would let them know
@sunrisefan (25957)
We chose not to so as to avoid conflict.
It is very impolite for a person to put his or her garbage in another's bin. I would wait until I saw the truck coming.
@sunrisefan (25957)
We will do as you said - wait for the truck coming and then put out the bin. Thanks.
New zealand lovely place
@sunrisefan (25957)
Yes, very much agree with you. Logging out for now to charge my phone.
@rhuenz (8469)
Garbage collection here is twice a week, We just lift the garbage and the man inside the truck will reach it.
@sunrisefan (25957)
Twice a week collection is good as there would not be much garbage accumulating in your house.
@happylife1 (13702)
• Karachi, Pakistan
Nice words and good sharing
@rsa101 (29957)
Wow that’s rude that they do that. Maybe you should watch them and catch them red handed and they might just stop their bad habit. I see that your enjoying your stay there in NZ. I think it’s better there than here.
@sunrisefan (25957)
I think we don’t need to confront them to avoid trouble. We’ll just keep our bin till we see the garbage collection truck coming. Today is the weekly collection day. I’m enjoying here a bit because of the grandson but I want to go home because I’m worried about our house and car and we have many ongoing projects in the cooperative especially the hotel and a branch office building in a neighboring province. We are now on an interim visa as our visa expired September. I hope you and your family are fine and safe from the typhoons that have been coming one after another.
@rsa101 (29957)
@sunrisefan Yeah it’s really worrying when you are there for a long time now. Situation here is a bit not fine as we are still in a quarantine fir the longest time. Nothing is quite what it used to be. There is a lot of restrictions going around in here. I even became part of the covid statistics and almost taken me out of this world. I survived but my savings were almost wiped out.. But l am grateful to be alive. If you can supervise remotely better for you to stay there than come back home.
@sunrisefan (25957)
@rsa101 Thanks. I'm sorry to know that you became part of the covid statistics but glad that you were able to get over it. There's been a spike in our province of the infections as I've read from FB posts.
@sol_cee (24688)
I wonder whether the culprit/s are also Filipinos or… By the way how are you sir? Long time no see.
@sunrisefan (25957)
Oh Madam! Long time no hear! I think we’re your only kababayan in this street. You’ve changed name again. Are you back home? We’re stranded here because of covid.
@sol_cee (24688)
@sunrisefan I could take the last flight back home. Flights were cancelled the next day. Got lucky I think.
@sol_cee (24688)
@sunrisefan don’t you have cctvs or something to catch these morons loll
@Nevena83 (55871)
• Serbia
Maybe the neighbors didn't have places to put garbage in their bins.
@sunrisefan (25957)
They have their own bin because each residence is issued one bin for biodegradable rubbish and another for recyclables by the local council.
@Nevena83 (55871)
• Serbia
@sunrisefan Oh, I understand. Is there a reason why they behave like that then?
@sunrisefan (25957)
@Nevena83 I do not know. Perhaps, they want to bully.
There was a situation like that before we had renovated our front into a commercial space. They had no respect to our property. This is why we get the garbage out at night.
@sunrisefan (25957)
Is the garbage collection done at night? Back home they do the garbage collection in the city's business district at night.
@sunrisefan here it's done by morning.
@sunrisefan (25957)
@Letranknight2015 Ah okay. Back home, in our barangay it’s also done at dawn so I go out at 4 or 4:30 but later on I would go out at 5 when I hear their engine running.
@thelme55 (57222)
That´s bad. Just bring the garbage container on the street before the truck comes in.
@sunrisefan (25957)
Yes, that was what I did last Friday. I only pulled out our bin out of the gate when I saw the garbage truck coming.
@thelme55 (57222)
@sunrisefan That´s good. Now your neighbors can´t put their garbage to yours.
@sunrisefan (25957)
@thelme55 Yes and I hope they get the message :)
They are annoying neighbors. I would put the bins out at the last minute and remove them immediately. Unusual garbage truck! lol
@sunrisefan (25957)
That is what we will do this week Ms. DianneN.
@sunrisefan Good luck with them.
@sunrisefan (25957)