The weather is not delightful here in Jerusalem

Israel
This time of year is very hard for my cat. She does not understand why she cannot go on the porch if there is rain and I try to explain it to her. I was sleeping and thought I heard thunder and it did rain and when I went out to throw out the garbage it was not raining. I came inside and opened the porch door and saw that it was drizzling and was wet and then it was ok so opened it for my cat to go out. She stares outside and wonders why she cannot go out. It is very hard on her. Want to clear something up here. My cat is not afraid of rain. I just do not want her out in it. I do not want her to get sick.
@TheSojourner (31665)
Would Sophie go out and roam in the rain, if you let her out? It was raining very hard here again tonight. Honey doesn't care much for that, especially when it is a cold rain, as it has been. She also had another fainting episode tonight. :-( This is hard on us both. I took another picture of her tonight, as she laid there about an hour later. She's upstairs in her kennel right now. I need to finish in the kitchen. I hope Sophie can go out to play soon!
• Israel
@TheSojourner She goes out on the porch and she did go out and one side it was drizzling and the other side was not. She came back in and then it was ok so she went back out. I am so so sorry for the both of you. I can imagine how you both must feel. She went out again on the porch. I hope you and Honey will be ok.
@Hannihar at least she goes out and watches. Thank you. I'm going to be watching her closely today. It's 3:00 a.m., and I haven't slept yet and I'm going to try and get a couple of hours. RGD it's coming over around 10:00 a.m., so I'll be able to get some things done and maybe even get a nap and he can keep an eye on her. If she has any more of these episodes tonight, I'm going to call a veterinarian on Monday and probably make a decision
• Israel
@TheSojourner I am glad you have someone to help you with her and watch over her.
@dya80dya (23477)
I have the same problem with my cats. Here it's very cold and my cats want outside.
• Israel
@dya80dya So do they look at the door and you have to tell them no they cannot go out?
@dya80dya (23477)
@Hannihar Yes. And they really don't understand. They meow at the door and they even purr when they see the door.
• Israel
@dya80dya My Sophie doesn't understand either. I try to explain to her but she just stares outside.
@rakski (87816)
Cats do not like water, right?
• Israel
@rakski I cannot answer for all cats. My cat likes to drink water and likes to be on the porch whether it is raining or not.
@rakski (87816)
@Hannihar drinking water is essential to anyone, human and animals, all living beings for that matter. But cats do not like to take showers and bath
• Israel
@rakski I would never try to put my Sophie in the shower to clean her off. She cleans herself off. She likes to drink water and do not let her on the porch if raining raining. If drizzling she can go out. I bought a round tub once and filled it with water thinking she would play in it but she did not go in it. Maybe she was afraid to climb in it. I have no idea.
I often want to visit Jerusalem beacuse of jesus christ
• Israel
@GodServantme I am glad you want to visit Jerusalem, but, he was not born in Jerusalem. He was born in Bethlehem.
@Hannihar really I dont know that but lots of Israelites dont beliefs jesus Dont exist
• Israel
@GodServantme Us Jews do not believe in him. Our G-d is not human and we know He is there even though He is not a human. I live in the country because it is the only Jewish country we have in the world.
@sophie09 (35159)
that would be a bad idea to let sophie out in the rain. you were right
• Israel
@sophie09 Thank you Sophie. My Sophie would not agree. She looks at the door and wants out on the porch.
@sophie09 (35159)
@Hannihar what did she do inside then?
• Israel
@sophie09 She finds a place and takes a nap is what she does inside.
@Shivram59 (26903)
@Hannihar I don't have a cat as my pet,but I know cats don't like water.There are three stray cats who often come to my house.But whenever it rain, they disappear.
• Israel
@Shivram59 Some cats like the rain and others do not.
@Shivram59 (26903)
@Hannihar Oh. ...Really!! I did not see any cat who does not fear rain.The three stray cats who frequent my house hid themselves under any shed when it starts raining.
• Israel
@Shivram59 I would say every cat is different. I am sure there are stray cats that could like rain.
@sol_cee (26839)
How old is your cat?
• Israel
@sol_cee She is 6 years old and has lots of energy.
@sol_cee (26839)
@Hannihar I believe cat years is different from human age right?
• Israel
@sol_cee You are right and they are.
@RebeccasFarm (26823)
• Denver, Colorado
Its nice here today sunny Hope it is fine there now Hanni I am very tired tho
• Israel
@RebeccasFarm Wish me luck today on all fronts. I have to find more boxes and find out some things if I know ok or not. I hope you found out how long you and your son can stay there.
• Denver, Colorado
@Hannihar I do not know still Hanni..I will pray hard for you that everything goes well. I wish we were near I would give you boxes.
• Israel
@RebeccasFarm You are so so sweet. I have a place or two I can get them and will keep them. You never know when you will need them. I hope he will give you time to find a place. I wish we were closer too and hope one day we will meet.
• Midland, Michigan
I don't know will or can cats get sick if they get too wet? It's an unknown fact that humans don't get sick when our in wet conditions unless their immune system is already compromised and they already were exposed to a virus.
• Israel
@MarshaMusselman I do not want to find out if she gets sick. I prefer that she is not out when it rains.
• Midland, Michigan
@Hannihar I'm not telling you to let her out I'm just saying. Is rain the worse weather you get there or does it ever snow too?
• Israel
@MarshaMusselman Rain can be very bad and we have had snow but not all the time.
@ShifaLk (18021)
O Let her go out once and maybe then she will realise that why she shouldn't go outside
• Israel
@ShifaLk She was outside once. I found that the apartment was very quiet one day and went on the porch and she was on the roof of this house that sits in front of our building. She was afraid to get off the roof so I thought she could go to the porch of the apartment below us and I would knock on their door and get her and bring her home. It was not simple. They would not give me her. She was out all day and night and I was angry. I tried to get her off of their porch but she could not come to me. I had to call the police and get her back that way. I think that was very traumatic for her so she does not want to go out at all. One time I think in the beginning she was frightened and got out and went looking for her and found her close to the entrance and down the steps and she was frightened. I brought her home. She likes the hallway and the porch. I prefer the porch for her. Too many do not wear masks here and I do not want her near them.
@ShifaLk (18021)
@Hannihar aww.... Such a fearful scene she faced. Poor catty. Then you surely need to take good care of her.
• Israel
@ShifaLk Yes, it was very hard for her and I was very angry at them for not giving me her. She did not have water all day because of them. He told me when she was still on the roof that she went on his porch and he did not tell me. I think he is afraid if his wife because she was the one sitting in a toilet with the room half open and half closed telling me I cannot have her. I was so angry. I never liked her at all. Him I did not like after that. I did not want to talk to them after that. Thank you.
It's nice that you are so concderned about your cat. She must be a lovely companion for you.
• Israel
@jaboUK Actually during the week she is in another room because I need to work on the computer but on our Sabbath we spend more time together.
@dya80dya (23477)
@Hannihar Doesn't your cat let you work on the computer? I have the same problem. My cat doesn't let me work and I don't know what to do with him.
• Israel
@dya80dya My cat does not understand that I have to work on the computer and make some money for us. She wants her pets and wants to climb on my lap and get them. I hate closing the door on her. Do you close the door on your cat so you can work or would he sleep in the same room? There are times my cat will lay on the couch in here and sleep.
@Adie04 (11125)
Here I feel delighted because it's raining today after few days sun.
• Israel
@Adie04 So you need or like the rain after the sun?
@Adie04 (11125)
@Hannihar yup. I like rain. Here the temperature rised again and so hot to sleep at night.
• Israel
@Adie04 I do not like rain, but, we need it.
@iKONICNoona (1187)
This weather is also very hard to understand sometimes.Thats why some people get sick too.
• Israel
@iKONICNoona Winter has never been good for me healthwise. I would get bronchitis. Now, I have an air purifier so that helps me a lot.
@Hannihar Oh I have asthma and usually the cold weather triggers my asthma that's why when its rainy season here in the Philippines I take extra precautions.
• Israel
@iKONICNoona I can see that it triggers your asthma. That is no fun. So it sounds like you suffer too. Do you have something to help you with your asthma besides an inhaler?
@Cheyee (8481)
• Pakanbaru, Indonesia
She doesn't like rain? My sister's cat Simon loves playing in the puddle.
• Israel
@Cheyee I am the one that doesn't like rain. If Sophie had her way she would be out on the porch all year round.
@Cheyee (8481)
• Pakanbaru, Indonesia
@Hannihar oh I see.
• Israel
@Cheyee I hope I cleared that up for you.
@LowRiderX (23779)
• Serbia
@Hannihar It's a real spring here, but that's not good for this time of year either.
• Israel
@LowRiderX Do you think it is Global warming or because of the virus that you are having different weather right now?
@LowRiderX (23779)
• Serbia
@Hannihar Global warming! I don't know how the virus can affect the weather
• Israel
@LowRiderX Thank you.
@Nakitakona (40988)
She hasn't been used in such of weather, has she?
• Israel
@Nakitakona Not sure what she understands about weather. It was really raining this morning and she went out on the porch but I wanted her back inside. She was angry at me. I believe she thinks maybe I am responsible for the weather. I am not but do not know how to explain it to her.
@Nakitakona (40988)
@Hannihar Just be patient. Understand her
• Israel
@Nakitakona Thanks and very good advice.
@ptrikha_2 (30530)
Is it cold as well these days when it rains? I can understand your concern that she should not get sick when it rains outside.
@ptrikha_2 (30530)
@Hannihar Yes you have a genuine concern.
@ptrikha_2 (30530)
@Hannihar You are welcome !
Doodles loved the rain. Silly boy. If it poured, he went under a bush. He never got sick from it. He got sick from congestive heart failure and cancer.
• Israel
@DianneN Sophie's vet comes to our home and this year she has not come because of the virus so Sophie has not gotten her shots. She is not a good patient so I do not want to find out if she would get sick or not.
@Hannihar Since she is a house cat, she should be fine.
• Israel
@DianneN Thanks Dianne.
@Merliva (3565)
• San Marino
Don t you like when it's cold?
• Israel
@Merliva I hate cold. I grew in very harsh winters and hated winter and the only time I tolerated it here was when I had my dog and we got snow and she loved it. I enjoyed watching her play in it.
@Merliva (3565)
• San Marino
@Hannihar oh that's nice dear...that's beautiful
• Israel
@Merliva Thank you.
@thelme55 (66997)
I feel pity for the cat but it is for her on good to stay inside the house. We have gray and cold weather here.
• Israel
@thelme55 I wish I could explain to Sophie when the weather is not good outside that she cannot go out on the porch but I do not know how to explain it to her.
@thelme55 (66997)
@Hannihar Maybe Sophie has understood it already. Just talk to her.
• Israel
@thelme55 I do try to talk to her. She did go out when it was drizzling and come back inside.