Perseverance's Critical Seven-minute Entry/Descent/Landing was engineered by a Pinoy!

@eileenleyva (21776)
I am a bragger when it comes to Filipino ingenuity because I know for a fact how Philippine schools and universities train the students' mind precision level. At the University of the Philippines alone, 50% of freshmen drops soon as they get their Math 18 grade on the first year. Any one who carries a UP Bachelor of Engineering degree is definitely a world class whiz. NASA's Gregory Villar studied High School at St. Louis University in Baguio. He teared up three to four seconds when Perseverance successfully landed on Mars. Here's a lengthy interview (in English) that reveals more about the Mars Rover. For everyone's curiosity. Congratulations, kabayan!
Pinoy engineer in Perseverance journey credits Baguio schooling for science roots.To watch TeleRadyo videos, click the links below:https://www.youtube.com/pl...
I'm glad pinoys are getting into NASA. You know we got so close to having an astronaut before sadly, Axe went bankrupt on that and then Mars one? not sure if they're able to keep their promise.
@eileenleyva (21776)
Can you recall the name of the Pinoy wannabe astronaut? Of course, the Filipino is very inventive. We have very good engineers although many had been taught to engineer only for self-gain.
@eileenleyva more space passengers. wow this was more than seven years ago...
Chino Roque, First Filipino Astronaut selected by AXE Apollo Space Academy. This interview was conducted on December 9, 2013. My apologies for uploading only...
@eileenleyva - this was forfeit back in 2017.
Daniel Angelo Roque (born 1991), also known as Chino Roque, is one of the 23 space cadets selected from more than 28,000 candidates by the Axe Apollo Space A...
@Namelesss (3262)
Bragg away it's well deserved. I don't blame him at all for tearing up. I watched the landing and dang near teared up myself. I'm a little disappointed that our new space efforts aren't as popular as the moon landings back in the 60s. We need a positive to turn our energies and our minds to.
@eileenleyva (21776)
Thank you very, very much. You don't know how that response filled my heart with joy. Been with nerdy students since 2004 and witnessed how they strive to reach perfection. Not for the grades although that goes with certain degree of gratification, but to make the difference for the betterment of mankind. That is their motto - make the difference. Gregory Villar did and am so proud of him.
@Namelesss (3262)
@eileenleyva Make the difference, I like that. I love hearing about kids getting involved in positive and creatively helpful endeavors. I wish them all well and you too.
@eileenleyva (21776)
@Namelesss The ones I still am in touch with are doing well in research and community-based services. A few have become engineers and doctors, some are educators and planners. The common denominator is they are all men and women for others.