mom scared me last night

@lady1993 (25323)
she asked me if i heard that "noise", then said "maybe there is a pregnant lady nearby". She is implying that the noise is made by a 'manananggal' (mythical creature in the Philippines who eats unborn babies). And this morning, there was a very pregnant lady, who may look like she's about to give birth, who passed by our house with her husband. Kinda creeped me out, and we were about to sleep too. I actually believe some of those creatures exist(aswang), like those nature spirits, since I have a few friends who had stories about them, I personally never had any experience with them, thank God. They are mostly found in the province, places with little population. I think there was one here in the city, but it was such a long time ago. I know it sounds absurd.
@rakski (86711)
I think there are more stories like this in the province. I also do not have personal experience about this
@lady1993 (25323)
yeah, mostly in the province.
@rakski (86711)
Some stories about mythical creatures can be very frightening, I am sure that if you try you can put it out of your mind but yes, my imagination has also taken me to many places and it has been hard to stop thinking about certain things
@lady1993 (25323)
I know, sometimes my imagination is wild and i even scare myself sometimes, conjuring up stuff that aren't there. Doesn't help that i love horror movies too.
10h
@lady1993 I too like horror movies and as a child I had such an imagination that at night I could not dangle a hand off the bed because something might grab me from beneath the bed
@kareng (33063)
That is interesting and I can see where it made you think and a bit scared!!
@kaylachan (16210)
It might very well be, but you're also entitled to your feelings.
@thelme55 (66471)
Aswang reminded me of my childhood days when my mother scared me and my siblings at night time when we were naughty and didn’t like to go to bed.
@lady1993 (25323)
yeah, they usually use that, or ghosts.
@thelme55 (66471)
@lady1993 That's right.
I heard it is true. My granny claimed it before delivering my dad.
@lady1993 (25323)
Yeah, I wonder where they are, not gonna go look for them though.
@lady1993 I am sure they are keeping themselves at their homes. They are also scared of covid.
@louievill (27805)
Sprinkling some salt around the house and hanging cloves of garlic in the windows and door would give you some peace of mind
@lady1993 (25323)
nah, i am not pregnant anyway. But my mom actually did that when she was pregnant with me.
@louievill (27805)
@lady1993 my mothers side is from the Western Visayas island that's composed of the four provinces where these folklore originated. I'm a vampire slayer
Some tales are myths but they sound so real.
@popciclecold (18144)
We use to hear the weirdest tales ever. Scare you into bad health.
It does sound absurd. However, you won’t believe the things that have happened to me.