Are you "direct"

United Kingdom
I have been called "direct." I know what it means, I know it's not a compliment. But quite frankly I don't care. I won't stand for any nonsense. And that's not a criminal offense. Are you "direct" in the way you speak? Does it go down well with others?
@RebeccasFarm (29871)
• Wheat Ridge, Colorado
Yes very and people find it very annoying.
I think it's because they know you won't stand for their BS.
• Wheat Ridge, Colorado
@Lindalahughes Yes I wonder why they think anyone would
I'm also rather direct but live now in a part of Germany where this is not much appreciated. Here people are more roundabout and indirect which I don't like at all.
It's frustrating and time-consuming when people act that way.
@Janet357 (72318)
Yes I am. If people don't like it then it is their problem.
It certainly is.
@Shxrubia (2713)
Not really, I would only speak frankly if I thought it was necessary. Because sometimes the honest words we speak can cause hurt.
That's fair, I'm not talking about blunt or rudeness. Just direct and forthrightness.
@m_audrey6788 (41999)
Well. It depends on the person I`m talking to. If the person wants me to directly tell what I think of. Then, I will tell it but if not. Then, I`ll stay away simply telling to that person that I don`t like that kind of way
As you say, your approach needs to depend on the person.
@sulynsi (2984)
If by 'direct' you mean 'honest, forthright', then I like directness, and respect it. If, however, 'direct' is a means to excuse rudeness or discourtesy, then no, I don't like it. When speaking, I like this maxim: Is it true? Is it necessary? Is it kind? or, is it done kindly (because sometimes, truth can be uncomfortable or even painful)
I'm not rude, I can't stand rudeness. But I'm a firm believer in not beating around the bush. If you have something to say then say it.
@Rashnag (11501)
• Thane, India
I am but at same time I am not rude. Have a good day. Take care
@Fa_Maverick (6605)
Eh comes and it goes for me really.
• Israel
@Lindalahughes There is nothing wrong with being direct. That is who you are. There are those that like directness and others that do not. I am an honest person that does not like games.
@tbragg83 (11)
There has been times I have maybe made someone uncomfortable or rubbed them the wrong way because of being direct. I don't think there is anything wrong with being direct. It has its benefits of always letting people know how you feel as not to let anyone walk all over you. I guess sometimes you have to be careful and think about how to say things before saying them.
I do think that being direct is good
@CarolDM (131441)
Usually I am, depends on the person.
@gamayngbaki (1387)
• Cebu, Philippines
It is good to be direct but there are times also when diplomacy is necessary.
• Shenzhen, China
most of time, i speak frankly.but as for some special condition,i will think it over.because truth is unbearable and cruel for some condition.sometimes,white lies is better than directness.
@Chellezhere (5413)
Oh, yeah! I am very direct. Most people can handle it, and some people can't. But, I find that is only because they don't know the difference between blunt, brusque, curt, terse, rude, concise, pithy, succinct, gruff, frank, etc. Some people even think if someone projects her voice and enunciates, she is yelling. Those are the kind of people we call "snowflakes."