Is it football or soccer??

I don’t know what it is called but I call it football which means players use their feet and I’ve been following football from so long. It was shocking to listen from one of my cousin who’s a big fan of American football and he’s like this is actual football in which players carry the ball in hands and dodge players till the goal and I was like what??? How can you even call it football if you use your hands and he ate my brain try to convince that football what I call football is actually soccer and what he calls so called football is actual football. Guy what is it???
• Nairobi, Kenya
Football is only the feet being used. I think soccer you use some sticks or is it hockey?
I don't know right.
The answer is quite clear as soccer and American football are two completely different games. Soccer is played with a round ball that can be kicked and headed. ... In the rest of the world, however, the word 'football' does not mean 'American football'. It means Association Football, also known as soccer
@m_audrey6788 (42337)
Here in Germany they call it Fußball but it is actually a soccer in english.
@Shxrubia (2710)
I think the difference is the American and British mention.
US calls it soccer. The rest of the world call it football. Then there's American football which you described.
• Pune, India
The dilemma has always been there. It has many name. In many countries what you call football is also called football but in the US it's called soccer. When we come to the UK what soccer is called in the US it is called Rugby in the UK. Different countries different names for football.
Soccer and rugby aren't the same anywhere in the world.
• Pune, India
@MALUSE Sorry sorry, my mistake. Football played in the US, in the UK it is called Rugby. Really sorry for the mistake. I must have not seen it through while writing.
@Prabhatsingh You are forgiven!
@eileenleyva (23656)
Wondered about that decades ago. Checked it out in the library and found out that football actually refers to two types: soccer as what the World Cup is all about and rugby which is known as American football.
Hello and welcome to myLot. Enjoy the site! The first thing you should do is to read the Guideline Rules so that you know what is allowed or not on this site. Read around, Like and Comment as much as you can to make yourself known to the community. Although it's not obligatory, it would be a good idea to add the name of your country to your account page to make your posts more understandable. --- Knowing in which country you live would it make easier to answer your question.
This is where you will find out what kinds of behavior are accepted and unaccepted on myLot. When in doubt, remember the Golden Rule!
@slianty (407)
I think it's the same, only different countries have different names
@Tenshidc (382)
first is Association Football, and then became a Soccer, and now we call it Football.
It's actually soccer in english.
I guess it depends on where you are in the world.