my two year old got diaper cream in his hair. :(

United States
November 30, 2006 12:50pm CST
I was distracted earlier this morning and my two year old got into his diaper bag and was COVERED in diaper rash cream. It was all over his hands, his clothes and a whole bunch all over his hair. He has curly hair so it's a bit longer than normal little boys hair. Anyways.. i tried washing it but it's still sort of there, that stuffs hard to get out. Anyone elses kiddo ever do that? XP I'm hoping the rest of it will come out in another bath in a while. Now i gotta see what happens when i wash his clothes. I have a feeling it's not going to come off easy heh..
7 people like this
43 responses
• United States
1 Dec 06
At least he won't get a rash on his head ;) Probably you might have to use baby oil to get the rash cream out of his hair, but then you will be able to wash out the baby oil with water and shampoo.
• United States
1 Dec 06
Hmm.. hadn't thought of that. :) Thanks for the advice. Looks like it came all the rest of the way out i think. That stuff really likes to stay put lol..
1 person likes this
• United States
30 Nov 06
It does wash off, or it would be forever on our bottoms! Just try baby shampoo & warm water till it comes out easily! If not, try a shampoo that gets residue out...it is clear. I have some, I just can't remember what it is called! Suave makes it, Pantene make it...clarifying shampoo...I knew it would come to me! Try vinegar or lemon juice in the wash...to cut it a bit, won't hurt the clothes or your washer...
• United States
30 Nov 06
I may pick up some clarifying shampoo when i go get some more diapers in a bit. :) I got most of it out, but there's still residue of it. o_O
1 person likes this
• India
1 Dec 06
heat the oil lightly and then apply oil and do mazaj for atleast 1 hr and then just wash it off with luke warm water and use separate combs for each and before cominig out rinse hair with lemon water .doe this twice a week.and dont apply oil all the days .just apply one hr before headbath
• United States
1 Dec 06
I use to use vasaline on my son when he got rashes. One day while I was packing his diaper bag for a visit to grandma's I noticed he was very quiet. I found him in his room covered head to toe in vasaline! Ever try to wash that stuff out of hair? Yeah, I gave him three shampoos, nothing. Bring him to my mom's, she says lets put him in the bath with oatmeal maybe that will absorb it. No, all it did was stick to the vasaline. I bring him to my mother in law's to spend the night, his hair all slicked back, I was upset because he had never had a hair cut, he had white blonde hair with curls at the ends. While I was at work she called her hairdresser who suggested dish soap because it dissolves grease. It was brilliant! Every bit came out :)
• United States
1 Dec 06
Oh, Thanks for that! How funny!
• United States
1 Dec 06
oh darn.. i should have gotten some pictures.. :( oh well, he'll get messy again sometime lol
@TerryZ (22083)
• United States
1 Dec 06
That kind of funny I know you dont think so. I really know what you would use to get it out of his clothes dont wash them with anyone elses clothes.
@TerryZ (22083)
• United States
1 Dec 06
ddd
@tanujarneja (2833)
• India
1 Dec 06
I think it will go off easily
• United States
1 Dec 06
It should come out after a couple of washes. Too cute though! I hope that you took pictures before you put him in the tub!
@AndreaM76 (1164)
• United States
1 Dec 06
macaroni pic number two - my daughter proud of her acomplishment of a hat of macaroni. This is not the same picture on my profile.
That's funny though. My two year old does great things like that. Here is a picture of her wearing her macaroni for a hat! By the way try some dawn dish soap!
• United States
1 Dec 06
Someone already said it but if it didn't wash off it would never come off their little bottoms. It just takes longer because the cream is meant to stay on as long as possible even when the babies are peeing in their pullups. You just have to take your time and wash, rinse, and repeat until it all comes out. Just make sure none of it gets into you babies eyes because it could sting. Really though, sitting him in the tub and washing for as long as it takes is the best option. As for his clothes the same thing apply's. Maybe wash them once or twice by hand to get most of it out and perhaps put the detergent (if it is liquid) on the biggest patchs before running them through the machine. I personally would wash them alone or with some other seriously soiled clothes to be sure lumps of cream didn't end up on everything.
@azir28 (135)
• Philippines
1 Dec 06
oh my..
@rakinitin (686)
• Canada
1 Dec 06
That's just too funny. He sounds cute and inventive. It will probably take a few washes but I'm sure it will all work out in the wash. LOL Sorry for the pun. lol
@Pepseh (7)
1 Dec 06
Aww bless! Curly hair looks so cute on toddlers. Its not called the terrible twos for nothing lol.
@shooie (4985)
• United States
1 Dec 06
grease fighter - Dawn can get oily things out of your hair
most of them cremes have an oily base so you might want to try a lil bit of dawn. once when i was a lot younger a friend of mine and I got in a lotion fight and had it everywhere. I had it all in my hair and well with long hair was tough...I didn't want to go to school with oily hair so though hmmmmm Dawn gets grease off dishes why not hair...work...so ya might want to try that
@azir28 (135)
• Philippines
1 Dec 06
whooo...
• Canada
1 Dec 06
Well that's messily cute.
@babs0818 (1191)
• United States
1 Dec 06
my daughter's done that same thing at age 3...a little worse I think...I caught her sitting in the hallway on day..smearing the diaper rash in her face,hair and inside of her mouth..I was afraid at that time..that she ate it,and rushed her to the ER..my first child..so I was very inexperienced with this stuff the doctors said that she was fine and didn"t swallow any Little ones are real sneaky sometimes...
@anne_143god (5390)
• Philippines
1 Dec 06
Just try to put some baby shampoo on his head. About his clothes I think its not going to come off that easy on one washing what you have to do is try to wash that for 2 to 3 times until the dirt is gone.
@fabrietto (487)
• Italy
1 Dec 06
oh my god...
• United States
1 Dec 06
Depending on what kind of cream it is. It may not come out very easy. I haven't had my boys do that when they were younger. My boys got a holt of the powder, the shampoo, and baby oil. My oldest son did pour chocolate syrup all over my youngest once... And one time my youngest got a holt of some scissors and decided to cut my oldest boys hair..
• United States
1 Dec 06
I'm sure this post is forever old, and the cream is probably off of his little head by now. Lol. But, baby powder will absorb the cream making it easier to wash out. =)