Hard to Find Something That Stood Out for Me Today

I posted the other day that since pretty much the beginning of the pandemic, I have been posting on my Facebook Page daily, asking people what brought them joy on that day. I usually can find lots of things that bring me joy or are a blessing to me each day. But today, for the first time, I had a hard time coming up with something. I mean I am grateful for everything I have in my life, and I do feel blessed every day. But the object is always to find a few great things that really stand out. Today was not a stand-out day. It varied between just raining and pouring buckets out all day long. I went to the post office and mailed a few things. I took the dog for a walk. But nothing really amazing or joyful happened. After thinking it over, I decided to write that I had one eBay sale today. So that brought me joy. Actually, whenever I have an eBay sale, my phone makes the sound of a cash register. So that is really fun and joyful because I know I just made some money. But the trouble with this sale was that I am trying to get rid of a bunch of items that I have had listed on eBay for quite some time. This sale was one of those, so I didn't even make a profit...I basically just got my money back. But, that Ka-ching nouse really did bring me joy. Did anything special stand out for you today that brought you joy?
@sharonelton (4501)
• Lichfield, England
Erm....no. Can't think of anything!
I guess it was a mediocre day for both of us.
@sharonelton Gosh, you had a super busy day. I am from the US and some of your words are not familiar to me but I am going to follow you so I can learn more words! So, what is your mom's "trolley," and what is an Oxfam book store? Is it for charity? Thanks for explaining.
• Lichfield, England
@Kouponkaren Okay, my Mum's trolley is like a large bag on wheels that we use to get the shopping because carrying bags would be too heavy. It has four wheels, 2 at the front and 2 at the back and we push it along. You can get trolleys with only 2 wheels and usually you pull these behind you. Oxfam is a charity that does a lot of work in third world countries. They have charity shops all over England. Some are general where you can buy all sorts of things from clothes to toys and games and even cups and saucers. Everything is second hand and donated by the general public or made by the people Oxfam helps and where the money will go to. The Oxfam book shop is like the ordinary Oxfam shops but it only takes books that are second hand and donated by the general public - like I did on Friday.
@cabuyogty (491)
Sometimes , i'm feeling good with my business and my online work . When i interact in fb dating , meet new people , chat with friends and mylot with you guys! heheheheheh :)
@cabuyogty I get that! What is your online work?
@Kouponkaren right now , i work as an online volunteer in our country philippines and answers online surveys .
@cabuyogty okay, cool.
I have a lot of stuff listed on the market place I got an offer today that he would pay for shipping. Tomorrow I will see if he pays the money. It would be $25 free money since I did not pay for the item. I sent three brand new sweaters to a site for them to sell it. It will all be profit since the sweaters were free to me. I listed a sale on the market place $2 and up everything has to go. Three people want to come. if that goes well I plan to do it again. I bought a box from the wholesaler so all the items were dirt cheap. Even giving it to them at what they will think is dirt cheap I will make at least 3 on each item. I have items that are listed for $10 and up and I can sell it for $5 and still make over 50% profit.
That's amazing. I sell on eBay and have heard about buying things wholesale and selling them, but don't know how to do it or where to get a good reliable wholesaler. Have you ever written a post about it?
@sharon6345 Thank you. Any tips on how to tell a reliable wholesaler from one that will rip people off? That's what I am concerned about. I will look and see if I can find any tags about wholesalers to see if I can find something you have written. Thanks.
@Kouponkaren YOur welcome. What are you looking to resell? You need to go to ebay and check the sold items and see that they sold for and shipping alone with how man in the month and past months your looking. But either way good luck.
@Deepizzaguy (50342)
• Lake Charles, Louisiana
The good part of today was that my sister was able to find a young man who wanted to mow the lawn this morning since the grass was starting to grow high.
Yes, that is a good thing. I hope your lawn looks great.
@Deepizzaguy (50342)
• Lake Charles, Louisiana
@Kouponkaren The lawn looks fantastic.
@Deepizzaguy I am very happy for you!
@kaylachan (21259)
Life can be in a word, interesting. Finding little things to make you happy is only as hard as you make it. So find joy in the simple things.
Yes, I was looking, but although it was generically a good day, nothing jumped out at me, and that's what I needed for a post on FB. Of course, I could have just said, "Another day above ground!" Ha ha.
@kaylachan (21259)
@Kouponkaren Yeah. Sounds like the tag line this one tiktoker ends his tiktoks with. A day above ground is a good day.
@kaylachan Ha ha, I don't know anything about TikTok. I have just heard the name.
@Rashnag (15288)
• Thane, India
Not everyday goes amazing or joyful according to me. We need to find little things in all days to be happy
@Rashnag I totally agree with you. But I like my posts on Facebook to help my friends look for something to be grateful for during their day.
@Rashnag (15288)
• Thane, India
@Kouponkaren yes it's a good work
@Dracey (95)
I've been drained and stressed out of study stuff but I always remember that no matter how bad my days are, is to be thankful everyday for the joy our almighty father in heaven giving me more strength despite of the chores
Yes, me also. But I can usually find at least one or more things that stand out as a really amazing thing. Not yesterday. I think it's the rain. It has me down.
@Dracey (95)
@Kouponkaren definitely, sometimes I'm being down also when the sky looks gloomy it's like it has a stimuli that keeps me feel not okay
@kareng (36156)
Yes, no rain today and we got to get outdoors and do a bit of yardwork in the sunshine. I'm really tired of cloudy and overcast days with no sunshine. Nice to meet you and welcome to the site!!
I am tired of all the rainy days too. It can get depressing. Glad you had some sunshine and thanks for the welcome.
@kareng (36156)
@Kouponkaren It is always nice to see new faces here!
Today was a great day for me ????, I had always wished for a Macbook Pro which I received as a present for being the most creative child of my class . . . . And for you I would like to say that not all days are same like it's the psychology of life that everyone has to experience both good times as well as bad times and yeah if you didn't had a very good day today then tomorrow will definitely be a great day . . . Just keep your mind and soul happy because a happy mind can only lead to a happy life Regards Stay Home Stay Safe ????
@RohitBhrdwaj Oh my gosh that's wonderful. Good for you. I hope you enjoy your new Macbook Pro. And what an honor for you. Yers, you are right and your response actually made me realize that since I usually always find things that bring me joy on a daily basis, I must have a pretty good life!
@Kouponkaren Yeah this is what I was talking about....