Do you support punishment for people's mistakes?

Is punishment required in order to keep people in control or will people be good on their own? I guess most of us have been punished in one way or the other fir our minor mistakes.
@myklj999 (61553)
• Olney, Illinois
"will people be good on their own" You already know the answer to that question. It actually makes no sense asking it, but that's my opinion.
But who decides what good is? Once upon a time, being a witch was a great crime. They were burnt alive. Idol worship was a crime. Adultery is still a punishable crime in some nations. Murder is crime, but war is heroism.
I think it depends on what kind of mistakes are.
punishment depends on the mistakes that have been made
It depends on what you mean by mistakes? I wouldn't punish someone for getting their sums wrong, I would punish them for murder.
What would it be that was done?
Those who disturb their neighbours Indecent behaviour in public etc... Eve teasing ( singing lewd songs, staring at girls etc.. ) Two people fighting in public
@TerribleMan Those are all jobs for the police. I am not getting involved. If someone is offending me sexually I am going to knock his teeth out of his mouth. If a woman tried me that way God better hold me and tight I will break her jaw.
@prashu228 (36624)
what mistakes? in school for not doing homework ..like so ..
@prashu228 (36624)
@eileenleyva (26609)
In Dostoyevsky's Crime and Punishment, the self cannot escape the guilt.