Online Gaming is Ruining

Just a peek into where he chooses to spend every minute of this time at home
Every day my bf gets home from work and goes to his office gets online and games every night until he goes to bed. He even eats dinner while playing. It's gotten so bad we don't speak for days .Then every weekend he goes to peoples houses to play Dungeons and Dragons from the time he gets he leaves and plays and doesn't get home until like 11p.m I told him how lonely I am and hurts to know a game is more important than our relationship. But like always he doesn't stop and keeps playing. And it's get to be so bad I end up spending lots of nights crying myself to sleep. I'm thinking about leaving him. He tells me he loves me but how can someone who loves you treat me like that ? I'm so confused and hurt and scared and having a hard time dealing with this situation. I just is hurting me a lot and it scares me too. Thanks for listening everyone. It's made me feel better to get that off my chest
@Sojourn (12147)
Get yourself into gaming too and be his partner. Hope it will work out to rebuild your chemistry.
• New Baltimore, Michigan
I like that.
@JimBo452020 (63815)
• Montrose, Scotland
@Melanie_Marie aye lol.jojo is right Cant beat them, join them
I have tried that before but it didn't work.
@myklj999 (62683)
• Olney, Illinois
He's a game addict, and he probably will not change unfortunately
@JimBo452020 (63815)
• Montrose, Scotland
He might. If he decides she is more important than da game
@myklj999 (62683)
• Olney, Illinois
@JimBo452020 He's already demonstrating that he feels she is not
That's what I'm afraid of. He doesn't even come out to watch t.v. If I cook a nice meal for dinner he asks for it in his office and eats there so he doesnt have o stop
• New Baltimore, Michigan
I wouldn’t put up with it. I had the perfect boyfriend/fiancé for many years. I didn’t marry him because I didn’t want to. But the way he treated me was top-notch A+. I never had to ask him any questions, because he had nothing to hide. I never wondered where he was or what he was doing, because he was always standing right there in front of me. 100% of his attention was on me, except for when he was at work. And even then, he would call to check in on me or see if there was anything I needed. NOW... until I see ^ that type of behavior and dedication again, I’m not giving ANYONE a chance. And neither should you. Just my opinion, the choice is yours. But that’s the rule I follow for myself.
And how it was the first year or two. Then he spent all this money on a huge new gaming set up and that's when this all started. I think that's what hurts the most I know he can have fun and do other things but the game comes before me. I can't even remember the last time we had a real conversation
• New Baltimore, Michigan
14h
@WomanWarrior1969 He sounds awful. (I'm sorry.)
@JimBo452020 (63815)
• Montrose, Scotland
Are you in America?
Yes I am
@JimBo452020 (63815)
• Montrose, Scotland
@WomanWarrior1969 Leave him. Seriously, for your own sanity.
I do not think he will change. You should at least eat a meal together.
He actually did come out and eat with me last night. I think he did that because he's staying in Lynchburg tonight and won't be home until tomorrow. night beccause he has training to run for the officers in his department. He's Chief of Police at Central Virginia Community college. I've seen some changes in him though. Last weekend he bought me a chess set and we've payed a few games last night. He like chess too. We actually had fun so that was nice
If you are that unhappy, something has to change. Hubby and I have activities we do separately and we enjoy time together. If he is doing what he enjoys without me, I don't mind as I have my own stuff. But, I never feel he is neglecting me as we also spent time together. I hope you can find the right balance for your happiness.
i have my own things to do and my own friends too but I believe he thinks because I have these other things in my life he doesn't need to do things with me. He looks at it like "Great she's busy now she won't ask me to do something" which means more time for gaming for him
@m_audrey6788 (54552)
I`m sorry but he will not change anymore. It is up to you now if you want to stay and love him the way he is or leave and find a much better one but I`m telling you, it will not be easy anymore to look for the right one. You will always find something wrong because nobody`s perfect
I know nobody's perfect trust me mean I I'm far from perfect. I don't expect him to stop playing all together. It would just be nice to eat dinner together or go out with friends once in a while on a weekend night.
16h
@WomanWarrior1969 Oh ok. I understand. I hope that you can find a person who will give time for you
13h
You sure he's just playing video games? Not to worry you more, but as a guy in my 40's I can tell you Dungeons n Dragons is not a game we're really into (anymore, at least) - that's a kiddy game! I don't buy the whole going over to friend's house for that. Watch for him doing the switch-a-roo with the screen when you walk in room, just saying.