So many times, we hear people being accused of racism. But What is racism? Your thoughts?

@Jenaisle (4887)
I know the definition of racism from Mr. Webster, but what I want to know are your own experiences that have demonstrated racism. What are the clear delienation lines when you could truly say the person is a racist? Can you share these with us?
@myklj999 (63659)
• Olney, Illinois
Can you perhaps share yours in your discussion so we can compare them?
@Jenaisle (4887)
One of my unforgettable racist encounter was regarding my favorite band, BTS. A German host told them that they had no business doing a cover of Coldplay's song, just because they are Koreans. The host was being racist just like many white men in the music industry, discounting them because they speak a different language, and not giving them a chance because their music is different.
@myklj999 (63659)
• Olney, Illinois
@Jenaisle So...um...are you saying only white men are racist? How much experience do you have in the music industry?
@Jenaisle (4887)
@myklj999 No, I'm not saying that only white men are racist. I spoke about a German host, and some white men in the music industry as being racist. I don't want to mention names but their previous behavior and statements show that they are. In my country there are also racists, so it's not specific for one race.
It is a way how other nationalities perceived others as feeling superior.
@Jenaisle (4887)
Right, the term 'feeling superior' is one of the reasons, I guess.
@Jenaisle I had experienced this a couple of times when working with different nationalities before.
@Jenaisle (4887)
@Shavkat that's sad.
• Vanuatu
I think this is a thing of the past. People are more mature these days and more open to unity in different races.
@Jenaisle (4887)
I hope so, but I encounter so much racism with my fave Korean band. Just because they're Korean, racists underestimated their music and belittle them. but I'm glad they have always come on top of all this BS.
• Vanuatu
@Jenaisle I don't like Korean music but I respect the hype for it. So, I know what you mean. They have great looking singers though.
@Jenaisle (4887)
@ihasaquestion yes, and they are also good people. That's what I like the most.
Did something happen to you or anyone you know?
@Jenaisle (4887)
Yes, to my fave band, BTS. Their music is always understimated because of their language and ethnicity.
@Jenaisle So what exactly happened? Where and when did it happen?
@Jenaisle (4887)
@merrybelle2021 This happened a few months ago. For more info, here's the article, giving the details. Thank you for replying.
https://www.papermag.com/german-radio-bts-2650813057.html
@Nawsheen (28595)
• Mauritius
Not treating all employees fairly at work (based on the areas they come from)
@Jenaisle (4887)
I like that, on that regard, female discrimination also occurs at work. Males being preferred?
@Nawsheen (28595)
• Mauritius
@Jenaisle yes usually they underestimate the powers of women
@Jenaisle (4887)
@Rashnag (23229)
• Surat, India
I haven't faced racism in my life yet. I think any kind of discrimination one does of other which hurts the other person's feelings is racism
@Jenaisle (4887)
I'm glad you haven't experienced it. Yes, I agree with you. It's a terrible happening.
@Rashnag (23229)
• Surat, India
• Houston, Texas
Racism is the notion that distinct groups of individuals have different behavioural qualities matching to hereditary characteristics, and that these groups may be segregated based on race supremacy.
@Jenaisle (4887)
Right, race supremacy is one of the reasons. People believing they are superior than others.
@Joshael (246)
• Nigeria
It can be a form of inequality, religious beliefs, way of life and many more. Racism comes in different forms depending on how and on what basis it is being expressed.
@Jenaisle (4887)
Thanks for your info. Indeed, it comes in many forms.