How to Survive in Selfish Love

Sometimes we just judge or think someone is selfish. but have you ever loved someone, from whose own mouth came the words "yes, I am selfish, so what do you want?" I met this woman 15 months ago, maybe a mistake, or whatever it's called, but I love her so fast In the beginning everything was fine, she seemed so loving and like an understanding woman. A perfect figure that makes me think, if I'm not mistaken I've fallen in love with her. But in the last few months, things have changed rapidly. As if showing her real self, until I sometimes get overwhelmed with it. I had asked her several times to reduce his selfishness, but in the end she just said, yes I am selfish, so what do you want? if you can't accept me, please leave, because there will definitely be someone who accepts me as I am without complaining it's true that love is blind, and I ended up trapped in feelings that had loved her so deeply, but this relationship was also impossible to continue what would you do if you were in my position?
@Rashnag (23156)
• Surat, India
So sorry to hear. I understand your pain. I had that kind of person in my life whom I had left. Selfishness isn't acceptable in any relationship. Don't worry, time will help you in healing your pain. Take care
thank you for the support, how do you strengthen your heart to end the relationship
@Rashnag (23156)
• Surat, India
@BieSeparow I did dear somehow. It was very difficult but I managed it
@Rashnag I hope I will be able to do that too. thank you
@Fa_Maverick (7384)
Thatd be a narcissist. Run, cut off all contact, if you have mutual friends tell them not to say anything to this person and if they cant respect that cut them off too.
I'll give it a try, thanks for the suggestion
@BieSeparow you're welcome.
@myklj999 (63664)
• Olney, Illinois
I'd kick 'er to the curb and be done with the relationship
If only I could do it, it's just that my love is too deep. Even when she was sick, I still couldn't let her. Then how?
@myklj999 (63664)
• Olney, Illinois
@BieSeparow I told you what I would do, I can't tell you how you should do it.
@Nyagot (23)
• Kenya
Well, selfishness can be of different kinds but I personally refer such people as Narcissists. It may sound harsh but that's just it...you either learn to live with just like that without complaining or go separate ways...
@Nawsheen (28489)
• Mauritius
It's better to leave such a person. You won't be happy with them
I finally steeled myself to end it, after getting advice from friends here. I hope I can survive with this decision..thank you for the support
@Nawsheen (28489)
• Mauritius
@BieSeparow we are always there for you.
@Nawsheen thank you
@askme123 (908)
In what ways is she selfish? This is why it is important to get to know each other first before making the plunge.Are you two living together?
no, we haven't decided to live together. day by day, the higher her selfishness, for example, if she did something wrong..I have to forgive her without her having to apologize..Meanwhile, when I do something wrong even if it's unintentional, I have to make amends with lots of apologies and actions that please her.. that's right have to know more, unfortunately at the beginning of our togetherness, she looks like an angel who deserves to be loved..and when I sincerely opened my heart, she just showed her real face
@askme123 (908)
@BieSeparow Ok good you are not living together. So tell her straight up how you feel concerning her behaviour .She doesnot seem to care if you leave her based on what you have said.Your heart will heal and you will fall in love again.
@askme123 I hope so too, right now I'm struggling through tough times after letting her go, my heart hurts so much..and hope it will heal soon..even she still says how a bast**d I am just like any other guy who dumped her..as if all my patience so far is not enough to open her eyes.. thank you for the kind prayers and the spirit Best wishes for you too
@Mayabee21 (252)
Find someone who will accept you
i will, wish me luck find that one
@Babino (2351)
• Morocco
I'm so sorry to hear that, must be aweful !! But if I were you I would just leave. I wouldn't think twice about it. Life is short, I'm living for me, I love myself more than any other one. It might seem hard to leave, but I'm sure it's not the first goodbye you've ever had, it gets easier.
thanks bouta for the advice. I'll give it a try, it's going to be tough, but true, no matter how much I love her, I also have to prioritize myself..thank you
@sarik1 (4942)
Sorry to hear.
@ramaaaaa (102)
No, i don't know
best wishes for you friend, may we always be with people who sincerely love us
@Nakitakona (46355)
You're free to do whatever you want to get rid of yourself of that mess.
@Faster16 (1078)
the person who accepts his bad nature is a fool