I almost got a free soda.

@kaylachan (29194)
Daytona Beach, Florida
Early this morning, one of our smoke dectors started to chirp. When I came to bed, my husband, George, asked me to go to the store today. We thought we had enough batteries for the remaining detectors, but since they tend to chirp in the middle of the night, George wanted me to get some. So, I did. I also picked up a few odds and ends, too. One of which was a soda. I might've cracked it open and took a few sips, too. When I was checking out, I'd placed it on the convar belt. The cashier rang up everything and when he got to the soda, asked me if I needed that rung up as well. I decided to be honest, and tell him yes. I would've felt bad, and made George take me to pay for a new one. I'm glad I didn't have to.
Did you go to the store alone?
@kaylachan (29194)
Yes. Most of the time, when George asks me to, I do. It's about a mile up the road from me, so I can make it easily.
@kaylachan Oh, I thought it was further than that. Ok good for you
@kaylachan (29194)
@sharon6345 No. I happen to live in an area where most stores and shops are within a couple miles of each other.
I still haven't replaced the battery on my smoke detector so thanks for the reminder it had started chirping and was driving me crazy, Good for you paying for that soda,
@kaylachan (29194)
Yes, I agree with you. On both.
@CarolDM (167904)
• Nashville, Tennessee
Just bought new batteries here too and they are so expensive but necessary.
@kaylachan (29194)
Yes, they are. The brand I found, isn't so bad. But still. I'm glad I didn't need five.
18h
I'm glad you were honest.
@kaylachan (29194)
15h
I am, too. I think working for Pizza hut helped me a lot with that. I wouldn't want someone in trouble, because I made the mistake and took it. I could have, but I know better.
8h
I'm glad you were able to replace the batteries of your chirping smoke-detectors. Now, silence. :-D
@bunnybon7 (48085)
• Holiday, Florida
15h
yes I get it. We are tempted in these hard times.
@RebeccasFarm (56194)
• Wheat Ridge, Colorado
19h
Yes you did the right thing Kayla
@xstitcher (22982)
• Petaluma, California
It's best to be honest.
I replaced all of my smoke dector batteries before winter. They were all going off.